something darker than before

listen to the song whenever

still kaito's pov

I could feel the anger in her voice. Anger was familiar to me by now. It scared me though, after all I, of all people, know what anger can do. I shook, trying to ignore the scars, but the familiar tears reminded me of everything. I sighed, as I reached up to grab my head. I slowly began to pull the brown hair down, until my natural blue hair was out for all the world to see.

She continued to stare at me with her flawless eyes, as she tilted her head, eager for an explanation that I was unwilling to give. I turned away reluctantly, though I knew she would find a way to get the desired information. She walked over to me and knelt down to look into my eyes.

"Kaito, I understand. For my entire life, I've dealt with having naturally teal hair. But you need to learn that there is nothing that you can't talk to me about."

I closed my eyes, though her words comforted me.

"And you never need to be ashamed. Not around me. You don't have to cry alone anymore, Kaito. I'll be here. I promise."

I lowered my head onto her shoulder, whispering to myself, though I knew she couldn't understand me. Nobody ever could. Though I became aware of a strange, unfamiliar warmth in my chest. It's been so long since I've felt anything. I barely remembered what emotions were like. Pain had become the only thing I could know, a part of my life, the deteriorating stitches holding me together.

"M- Meiko didn't like it and I d-didn't want her to... to... " I stuttered.

"Shh... it's okay. Let's do this: I will tell you something and then you will - okay?" she said as she came and hugged me whilst slowly rubbing my back.

"C-can we go and get ice cream, please?" I pathetically asked, still crying on her shoulder. Her beautiful top was now ruined because of me.

Mikus pov

He kept crying, and all I could do was try and sooth him. I couldn't help but wonder what that girl had done to him to scare him this much.

"Of course... just stop crying then we can go and get as much ice cream as I can afford - then see who can eat the most okay?" I joked, trying to cheer him up.

"Okay," he sat up and whipped the last few tears from his eyes, "I'll stop crying... now let's go get ice cream!" he yelled the last part and I laughed at his enthusiasm. We both got up and walked out of my music room. I quickly grabbed my purse, keys, a handgun, and my phone. All that was left was to tell Kaai that we were leaving.

"Hey Kaai, we are just going out to get ice cream - what do you want?" I asked her as I passed the living room where she was watching Wolf Children.

"Hmm... can you get me an ice cream cookie sandwich please?" she asked, not looking away from the television screen.

"Okay, see ya in a few!"

Time skip

We arrived at the ice cream parlor and I saw all the new arrangements of ice cream just sitting in front of us.

"So what do you want Miku?" Kaito asked me, but when I looked at him I saw his mouth watering at his favourite treat.

"You go choose - and don't worry about the price, I have plenty of money and a lot of coupons for this store, so that should cut the amount down," I said, gesturing to all the different flavours of ice cream in front of us.

Time skip

After a very long time of us desperately trying to choose, we sat at one of the tables.