Fifth

Lisa's POV

I woke up to sunlight hitting my face, forcing me out of sleep. Ugh, I groaned, stretching my body. As I sat up and looked around, confusion set in. Where am I?

Wait… oh no!

I'm at Jennie's condo!

I facepalmed as memories from last night came back. What was all that about? It felt like she knew me—like really knew me for a long time.

As I was lost in thought, I heard a door creak open. Jennie emerged, confusion and shock written all over her face.

"Yah! Manoban, what are you doing here?" she exclaimed, her eyes wide. Tsk, crazy. She really doesn’t remember anything.

I just shook my head and smirked. "I bet you don’t remember anything," I said, looking away.

"Ugh, my head..." she groaned, massaging her temple and holding the doorframe to keep her balance. Her skin was pale, and her lips were dry. She still looked sick—maybe worse than last night.

I quickly got up and touched her forehead. Damn, she was burning up. I mean, temperature-wise, guys.

"Are you okay?" I asked, genuinely worried. Wait, why am I this worried?

She didn't answer—just stared at me. My heart started pounding again. What is this feeling?

"Hey, Jennie!" I called her name for the first time.

"A-ah, y-yeah, I'm fine..." she muttered, looking away.

"Take a rest. Stay in your room," I commanded, pointing inside.

"I'm fine, I can take care of myself, Manoban!" she protested.

I shook my head slowly, a faint smirk on my face. "I really don’t want to argue this morning." Before she could react, I scooped her up in a bridal style and laid her down in her bed. She remained in shock.

"Better," I said. "You're so stubborn. Just rest, and I'll make you something to eat." Then I paused. Right... I don’t know how to cook. Aigoo!

"Do you even know how to cook?" she whispered, her voice weak but teasing.

"A-ah... I’ll just call a restaurant for delivery. Just stay here." What’s happening to me? Aish!

After a few minutes, the food arrived—a comforting bowl of chicken Thai soup, my favorite. I hoped she'd like it too.

I checked her cabinet for some medicine but found nothing. I needed to head out to buy some. I grabbed my jacket and cap. There was a drugstore right in front of the building—it wouldn’t take long.

After buying the medicine, I went back to her room, holding a tray with the soup, water, and pills. I sat beside her bed, watching her sleep peacefully. I couldn’t stop thinking about what had happened last night.

Flashback

"Hey, Ms. Kim!" I called as she stumbled and fell against me, her body going limp.

"Yah!" I shouted. She had already passed out. How could she sleep like this? Ridiculous.

I gently pushed her body upright, supporting her neck and waist, trying to tap her cheeks to wake her, but it didn't work. Aish, I had no choice. I picked her up and carried her to her room. She felt so light in my arms. Was she eating properly? Why do I even care, Manoban? You shouldn’t care. Snap out of it.

I laid her down gently on the bed. She was drenched in sweat—I couldn't leave her like this. Just as I was about to turn away, she grabbed my hand.

"Are you going to leave me again?" she mumbled, her eyes still closed. I froze, staring at her. What was she talking about?