010. i need time

010.
i need time

                                                    PAUL'S HAND slipped from behind Bryony's waist, he ran a hand through his cropped hair, and gestured to an old wooden bench, she sat down and felt the seat shift underneath her as Paul sat next t...

PAUL'S HAND slipped from behind Bryony's waist, he ran a hand through his cropped hair, and gestured to an old wooden bench, she sat down and felt the seat shift underneath her as Paul sat next to her, he was about to speak but he wrinkled his nose and grabbed Bryony by the shoulders, "You're hurt," he searched her until his eyes rested on her leg, "I'm okay now," she rested a hand on his, "it doesn't hurt."

They stared silently at each other for a moment and when Bryony realised how close she was to him, panic struck her, she pulled her hand from him and leant back, she was terrified.

Paul knelt down on the floor, before pulling off the jacket sleeve Jared had put on her earlier, the make-do bandage fell off effortlessly revealing her pale skin that was marked with crimson, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "There's no cut, nothing's there."

He stood away from Bryony, confusion riddling his eyes, "What the hell Bryony? What's going on?"

Bryony pushed herself off the bench her eyes glowering into his whiskey ones, "I could ask you what's going on too! You're a," she paused momentarily, monster, killer, murderer, protector? "werewolf!"

She laughed incredulously at the sentence, "oh my god, you're a werewolf," she stumbled back, startled at a chilling thought, "you're the things who've been killing those people! They're innocent Paul! You killed that guy on the beach, didn't you?"

Paul shook his head, letting his hand fall onto her cheek, Bryony protested moving away from his touch, she stepped back a bit, but Paul's resilience won when he rested his head on Bryony's, "it's not us that kill those people, we kill the filthy leeches."

Bryony sighed, her eyes fluttering shut, "you mean the vampires."

Paul nodded his head, "Bryony..." he started, "I told you to stay away from me, that I didn't want to see you."

Bryony unwillingly pulled away from his touch, stepping back from him, away from the danger, but also away from her new happiness, "I know you did. And I will."

Paul shook his head, "No you don't understand," he paused, "I said that because I didn't want to hurt you, you've seen Emily's face she got too close when Sam shifted. He's never gonna forgive himself for that and I could never forgive myself if I did that to you too. I've been hostile and I've acted like an idiot, all the times I've grown angry was because you were in danger and I should have handled my emotions better but I didn't, I'm sorry Bryony. I just want to protect you."