chapter one

~~~
In dedication To everyone who's made my life better so far to the many more people to come
And to everyone who is waiting to find there own people.

~~~

I had that dream again.
The one about the perfect family that lived in the quaint little neighborhood.
The father taught his son how to wash the car while the mother held her daughter close on a porch swing reading to her.
A big gold dog slept at there feet.
As she rocked the swing back and forth lightly with her foot.

I hated that family.
I hated that dream.
I swiped Away the tears that steamed down my face in my sleep and stared and the tiny day of sunlight from my small window above my head.

Like the window that sat above my head my entire room was just the same.
Small.
It was the last one Rosewood orphanage had so i didn't really blame them for that. They where booked to the brim with kids like me.

"Wendy! Up and at em! Rosa wants to talk to you!" I roll out of bed with a groan clicking the light to life and digging through my suite case for some clothes.

I pulled my hair back. My hair was short but not short enough for a little pony tail.I scrunched my nose up looking at the dull color of my hair.
It was black. With tiny bits of purple from before.

I like to change the color of my hair.it matched how I was feeling. It also gave me a bit of individually around these kids.
Lola told me that back in Connecticut.
I missed her.

"Wendy?" I tucked a strand of hair behind my was as the door opened.
"Hey dallas."

The little boy looked at the floor and dug his toes into the ground.
"Rosa wants you to know she'll be in the dinning hall when your ready."
I nodded and followed him.

I knew exactly what she wanted to talk to me about. I was here much longer than I had been any other home.

"Morning wendy!"
Rosa was a weird house mother.
I liked to call the people who ran the orphanages house mothers or father's.
But she was a weird one.

Just looking at her you could tell she was trying to keep her sainity with all these kids running around. She smiled every two seconds,had a slight twitch in her eye.
She was one of the better ones I've been around though.

She put a plate of toast and eggs on the table where I sat.
She took a deep heath and downed her coffee before turning to me with a smile. "You probably know why you're here..." she pulled a file off the counter and sat across from me.

My file. It was a thick minila folder sticky notes,paper clips little pieces of paper stuck out at each end. She pinched the bridge of her nosie as I studied the folder.

"Any had plans to meet with a family today...and we are supposed to be meeting with a boy from down south..."

"Hey I get it! Where is this place?" Rosa bit her lip and pulled a pamphlet from the folder. "Mountain peek."

The pamphlet included pictures of the Rocky mountains and a large cabin like mansion.

"Colarado? Haven't been there yet...when?" I've been through this prossece a million times.
Moving to orphanage to orphanage. I've always been coming in late to them or been around to long.

This was fine though two more years and I would be out of the system. "Next week is the latest we can keep you around." I nodded taking a piece of toast.

"I'll go pack then!" I bit into it and left the room.