Regrets

"I thought I loved her. But I didn't. Every time I looked at her, my heart didn't beat fast. I didn't smile, and I for sure didn't feel happy being with her. But I still chose to say. I chose her over the person I truly loved. Maybe it was because I didn't want to lose her as a friend, or because I was just too coward to tell her about my true feelings. Every time I looked at her, I silently wished she was in front of me instead of her. And every time we kissed, I imagined her. They say that it's better to be with someone who loves you, than someone you love. But I don't think it's true. I would've been way happier if I was with her. If I had followed my heart, I would've been happy. My heart that lead me to the person that owned it, and that still owns it. When I finally decided to follow it, it was too late. When I decided to go to her, I was late, too late. She was gone. And I couldn't do anything about it. Maybe if I was just a tiny bit wiser, or quicker, she would've still kept a part of me in her heart. Maybe if I didn't hurt her the way I did, she would've welcomed me in her arms again. Like every other time, when she used to forgive every one of my mistakes. But it was different now, she had someone else. Someone who knew how to treat her. And how I wished I was the one to hold her. How I wished I could call her mine again. "