Chapter 1

Mikayla was angry at her mother. She couldn't believe her mother could ever want another man, she thought she would remain a widow till she died but the reality that her mother was remarrying shocked her.

Her dad had been her whole life since she was a toddler, he was the love of her life. David Brian was a very funny and kind man, when he was diagnosed with cancer six years ago her whole life was upside down and when he died she wanted to go with him.

She sat on a stool in her favorite club taking strong alcohol and deep in thought.
"Mikayla that's too much alcohol you're taking." Beryl, one of the  waitresses told her.
" Don't worry, I'll be fine and it's not my first time getting drunk."
Just as Beryl left, Mikayla went to the dancefloor swaying her hips to the slow music.

"Why mommy, why?" She laughed humorlessly.
As she kept dancing, a tall hunk spotted her and swaggered to her with his hands in his jeans.
"Do you wanna dance with me, hunk?" She winked wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm a good dancer."
He smirked. "Won't be stupid enough to turn down the offer, baby."

She kissed the bridge of his nose as they danced to the rhythm and he didn't know what to do except to kiss her. The kiss was heated with desire, passion and raw need and he couldn't help deepening it.
Mikayla pouted when he broke the kiss.

 "Why stop when we can continue?"
"Really?"
"Yes really." She touched his lower lip with her thumb.
"Mikayla where are you going with the stranger?" Beryl yelled as Mikayla was being dragged away by the man.
She giggled. "Don't worry, like I said earlier, I'll be fine. A little fun won't kill, right Beryl?"
Mikayla and the man were out of sight before she could say, "Kayla you might be about to do something you will regret."