Chapter Eleven: Necessary Distractions

Suddenly my mobile buzzed from inside my bag pulled it out hastily and found Doug's face illuminating my screen with an inane grin. I pulled up the answer button and pressed it to my ear.

"Yes, Doug," I asked as I took another long sip of my drink. I clicked the little tick box beside all my FBI emails and immediately place them in the trash. I'm fine with not knowing when Bernadette's birthday; same goes for anyone else at the Washington office.

"Could you come down to my office please?" I ended the call without replying. He didn't need the reply I would come, there was no argument about it. I sighed and got up from my seat, my coffee in hand and resting bitch face firmly in place. I slammed my office door closed and locked it, I had already had confirmation from the FBI on what will be happening I did not need to hear it for the second time.

I rapped my knuckles of his office door and was welcomed to a rather stoic faced Doug. This wasn't good. My face quickly became serious, as I walked past him into the office. Inside stood Alejandro and Agent Scott they were both looking down at Doug's laptop. I quickly joined them, I moved over Agent Scott's side and looked down at the screen, and it was a series of stills taken in quick succession.

It was the man from the sixth video, the same shorter man guarded by two heavy shouldered men.it wasn't the man who was the interesting feature in the skills per say, it was the establishment he and his heavy's were entering.

"Doce de la Noche," Alejandro said as he stood up straight. I looked over to him and then to Doug. I looked closely at the picture and looked at Agent Scott who was looking intensely at the screen. I could see the recognition in his eyes as he stared down at the short figure.

"Who is he?" There was a small chuckle from Alejandro that made all the eyes latch onto him for the information he held. He adjusted his tie and looked me with scorn filled eyes. The heated gaze wasn't because of me but because of the man in front of me.

"His name is Ricardo Escobar, he was one of our distributor across the border before I was sent to prison. It looks like he's moved up in the world." Agents Scott straightened as he pulled his phone out from his pocket, his fingers quickly dialled in a number before he pulled away from the laptop screen. Alejandro closed the gap and looked down at the picture with me.

"He hasn't changed at all, I thought he may have gotten taller." This was a serious statement from Alejandro as he kept his lips in a tight line, as he looked at his instrument of revenge. This was the first step of many when it came to getting close to Matias Santiago.

"I just contacted my Director, this isn't the first time that Ricardo Escobar has been pictured in Brownsville, He's been spotted a few times, so far the pattern shows three visits a year to these two establishments, he is here for a period for exactly two weeks each time. This means we have a limited window." I stepped back from the computer screen and looked at Agent Scott and saw the pure determination in his eyes.

"What are you talking about Agent Scott?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. I could feel myself tense up as I completely understood what he meant, I just wanted to hear it come from his own mouth. He wanted to take him as quickly as possible, with the smallest amount of evidence we could possibly have.

"We need to seize these properties now, and we need to bring Ricardo Escobar into our custody." I scoffed and narrowed my eyes at him, he may be my higher up but what he was about to ask was ludicrous.

"So what do you suggest?" I asked as the idea rolled around behind my eyes. This was stupid and reckless but if I had any idea of what he was about to propose it might work if we pulled it off.

"We seize the gun store through a crackdown team organised by yourself, we then send in undercover operatives into Doce de la Noche, there we observe before we decide what to do next." I could already see the thoughts ticking in his mind, I could see what the FBI wanted to happen next, and he just wasn't going to voice it.