Chapter 10: Late and Shakes

Thanks you @arriba133 for voting on my chapters! I appreciate it 💕

Liza jumped from the comfortable bed, and onto the cold wooden floors. The teen cursed to herself as she ran to her closet, and picked her clothes for the day.

As she was brushing her teeth, she took a look at the clock. 8:25

Class had started at eight, which made Liza freak out even more. She ran over to the sink and spit her toothpaste out, and put the brush back in its place, just after rinsing her mouth out.

"David!" The teen yelled. She heard David groan. "We are 30 minutes late! Get up!"David jumped up from the bed, grabbed his clothes, and ran into the bathroom.

A few minutes later, they both were ready. They both ran to the car and quickly drove to their school. Liza sprinted out of the car, even before it came to a complete stop, leaving David alone in the car.

Liza sprinted to the office to get a late slip and rushed to class.

"Mrs. Koshy? Why so late?" Her teacher asked with her British accent.

"I woke up late, I'm sorry" She responded back, and gave the teacher her late slip. She sat down and continued to listen to the lesson, even if she was really confused about it.

Soon enough, lunch rolled around and the group had already sat down. "Where's David?" Liza asked the others who just shrugged their shoulders. The worried teen looked around the cafeteria before spotting David running in.

"Hey Liza," he paused to take a breath. "I'm sorry I had to stay with my teacher."

"Hey David," She said, and watched him take a seat next to Zane. "I heard that you go to show the new girl around."

"Oh, yeah how did you find out?" He asked confused. "I didn't think things got around so fast."

"Yeah, you'd be surprised about how fast It went around." She responded and looked down at her hands. It wasn't that she was upset about David getting to show the new girl, but it was the fact she knew who he would be showing around. And that wasn't going to end well because of the history that she heard about them. She was a little upset because she didn't hear it from David, but heard it elsewhere. What bothered even more was that he said he never had a girlfriend when they promised they told everything to each other, which was quite dumb, yes. But that's what they thought would be the best.

"How many of y'all are going to my party of Friday!"

Liza turned to see who had shouted out. And of course, it was one and only Zane. "Already? You just had one like 2 days ago" Scott responded back. "Shut up" Zane quickly said to him, and returned to shouting across the lunchroom.

She shook her head in disappointment and got up to throw her lunch away. David followed, confused but none the less, he just went along with it.

"Liza? What happened?" Liza turned around from walking down the hall to look at David. "Nothing, just a little.." She paused and thought for a while. "Forget it. I'm fine, don't worry about it"

She hurriedly walked to her locker, leaving David stunned.

//

"Yeah, it's like she is upset about me showing her around." David sighed and turned to look at Scott.

"What if she was? I mean, you knew her longer than Liza..Plus you have good history with her.." He trailed off and looked at David with an unreadable expression. David shook his head and turned away.

"Hey David"

David looked up in amazement. "Oh..Hey Corinna"

"I heard that you got a chance at showing Natalie around"

"Yeah, How did you find out?" David was surprised. He didn't expect Corinna to know, after all he hadn't seen her in the group for a while.

"Oh.. some kid told me. Didn't you and her date before? Like..Freshman year?" David gulped before answering, remembering all the things that happened during that year. "Yeah, she ended up moving the year after."

"Wow." Corinna paused and looked at David's expression. For what she can tell, worry was written all over his face. "It's crazy how you got chosen out of all people."

"Yeah, well I have to go but I'll see you later Corinna." He waved good-bye and walked away. As he walked over to his car, his phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Hi David! This is Natalie, I'm exited for tomorrow!" He cringed at how loud her voice was before responding back. He was taken back, as she called just as Corinna asked about her. "Oh, yeah me too. I can't wait"

"Good job at sounding exited" he thought to himself

"Where can I meet you?" She questioned.

"How about by the entrance?" He suggested as of it were kinda obvious.

"Ok! Sounds good bye" She hung up. David wasn't happy at all about showing Natalie around. He knew her for a while, but he always found her quite annoying; even when they did date.

Later that night, David hung out with Gabbie and Zane. As they were talking and drinking their milkshakes, Gabbie bought up Natalie. "Hey isn't Natalie coming back?"

David sighed and answered "Yeah" Just before taking a sip of his shake.

"Natalie? As in, Natalie that dated you in freshman year Natalie?" Zane said surprised. David nodded his head. "Does Liza know?" Gabbie questioned. Gabbie and Zane were the only ones that knew David had a crush on Liza, so David wasn't surprised that Gabbie asked; Especially because David and Liza promised to tell each other everything, as said before.

"I would tell her David.." Zane paused, taking a sip from his milkshake straw, before continuing. "..Before she finds out a way she doesn't want to find out." David took it into consideration, even though he most likely wasn't going to do it.

"Okay." Was all David responded with, before saying goodbye to the happy couple and leaving a few dollars for his shake. As he walked to his car, the worst ways of Liza finding out flooded into his mind.

"Do I even want her to find out? I guess I can lie about it?" He suggested to himself, just before closing his car door.

"One more lie can slip"

~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for 500 reads!!!

I appreciate it sooo much! I was supposed to update like two weeks ago, but oh well.. You'll see an update in a few days though!

Don't forget to comment and vote! <3