"The Knocking"

Knocking. All day long, he has heard knocking. No one else can hear this knocking but him. His friends thought something was wrong. His brother thought he was going crazy. But he wasn't. He knew he heard knocking. His brother heard nothing. Shiemi heard nothing. Kuro heard nothing. But everywhere he went, there is knocking. And most, have no doors. This was strange to him. It's never been there before. It started when he first woke up that day. September 29. Knocking, knocking, and knocking. It was everywhere. And he didn't know where it was coming from, until finally...He opened his front door the same night.

Chapter 1: The Knocking

"Oi! Nii-san! Get up or you'll be late!"

Okumura Rin, the eldest of Okumura twins, stirred slowly from beneath his black comforter before suddenly sitting up to stretch and yawn.

"Nii-san!"

He grumbled as he pulled his legs over the edge of the bed and stood up sleepily to yawn and stretch again; scratching his back, clad only in his boxers.

"I said get up already!"

"I'm up!" Rin scowled while lazily dragging himself to his bathroom to groom for the day. He was glad when he and his brother separated rooms a couple years back. He felt free from his brother's overbearing reign. He was also glad he managed to find a room WITH a private bathroom in this gigantic building. He grew tired of brushing his teeth in the hallway and then going to the dorm's wash room all of the time. At least this was closer than having to find a floor that had a washroom, that's for sure.

He looked himself over in the mirror as he turned on the water while reaching for his toothbrush on the counter. He brushed his teeth and washed his face. He would have showered if he wasn't going to be late; luckily he took one before bed. He then strode out his bathroom and stopped mid step as he took a good look at his room.

"Damn, now where did I put my clothes again?" His room was a disaster for any eighteen year old boy. Manga, candy, junk food, clothes, and what looked like everything else was scattered all over the place. It was as though a tornado ran through it.

"Rin! What are we doing today? Any missions? Meow!" yawned Kuro as he stretched out his paws before jumping down from the window to land besides Rin's feet while the blue exorcist moved to put on his shirt he spotted somewhere underneath several books of manga. Kuro had grown slightly over a few years; he also looked fatter than before.

It had been three years since their last sighting of Satan. It didn't take much for his minions to pop up everywhere. It was just him they hadn't heard of recently. During that time, Rin had done nothing short of training and constant exercises; both with his body, mind, and his flames. His swordplay increased significantly; putting both Shura and Angel to shame. He can admit they were far greater in other areas, especially with incantations and spells. He had a lot to learn in that aspect. But he had grown amazingly strong over three years. If only they increased his rank. He was still nothing but an Esquire.

"I don't know. Most likely just school!" he cursed the last word and he finally found his pants and moved to put them on too.

"You think you'll get any missions this time? I wanna go outside and plaaaayyy!" His familiar then sat as he watched Rin get dressed. His partner had grown in height and muscle mass. He was kind of surprised since he hadn't given it much thought before or even noticed for that matter. Rin had reached the six-foot height along with Yukio; however the younger twin was still taller for he had grown as well. He was now well toned because of his training; almost ripped but not quite for his age and development. He was still lean. The change was just obvious then before.