Chapter 19

Rose closed her eyes to try to prevent herself from crying.
"What happened? Who did this to you?" Jack asked as he looked at the massive bruise on her cheek.
Rose couldn't say a word, she just sat there, stiff as a board with her eyes closed shut. Jack looked at her with sad eyes and hugged her tightly.
Rose couldn't hold it anymore, she broke down and started to cry. Jack just held her as she cried. Rose cried till she fell asleep.
That's when Jack carried her bridal style to her bedroom, and then he tucked her into bed.
Just when Jack started to leave, he felt a hand grabbing his hand. Jack turned around and saw Rose looking at him.
"Please stay.....I.....I don't wanna be alone......" Rose said with pleading eyes.
A small smiles formed on Jack's face and he nods.
"Okay. I'll stay." Jack said.
Rose gave a small an weak smile as she made room in the bed for Jack. Once Rose was done doing that, Jack layed by her side and just held her in his arms.
Rose felt safe in his arms, for reasons she does not know herself. Rose burried her head in Jack's chest and falls asleep.
Jack smiles and gently kisses her head. Then he too fell asleep. They both slept soundlessly and I'm each other's arms.
The morning came along g and Jack was the first one up. Jack smiles as he sees Dose still in a deep sleep. He brushes a strand of hair behind Roses ear and slowly an quietly gets outta bed.
Jack was successful in getting outta bed. Because Rose is still in a deep sleep. Jack snuck downstairs to call his Mom.
"Jack! Where are you? are you okay? What were you thinking?" Mrs. Reid.
"Mom. I'm okay. I'm at Ms. Swans place." Jack said.
"Why are you at your teachers place?" Mrs. Reid interrupted.
"I'm here because I was worried about her. Cause there was some weird guy at school today and Ms. Swan wasn't in school the rest of the day. So, I came ok very to her place to check an see if she was okay. Mom, she has a massive bruise on her cheek. I tried asking her what happened and who did that to her. But she won't tell me. I didn't feel right leaving her alone." Jack explained.
"I wonder what happened. I'm proud of you Jack. See if she'd be willing to spend dinner with us tonight. Nex time, call or text or something." Mrs. Reid said.
"Okay Mom, I will." Jack said.
"I better let you go. See you tonight Jack. I love you." Mrs. Reid.
"I love you too Mom. See you tonight." Jack said as he hung up the phone.
Jack then snuck his way back upstairs and went to Roses room to see if she was still asleep. Which she was still deeply asleep.
Jack decided to make breakfast. So, he went to the kitchen to out so ethi g together. It took awhile to figure where everything is. But once he had that figured, Jack started to make Eggs, Bacon and Toast.
The smell of food started to fill the apartment, which made Rose wake up. With a stretch, groan, yawn and ending with rubbing her eyes. Rose got up and made her way to the kitchen.
Still rubbing her eyes Rose entered the kitchen and saw Jack cooking.
"Good Morning Jack." Rose mumbles.
Jack looked at Rose, "Good Morning Ms. Swan. How did you sleep?" Jack asked.
Rose went and stood by Jack's side, "I slept okay. You should call your parents. They must be worried about you." Rose said quietly.
"Already did. And it's all good. In fact, my Mom asked if you would like to come over for dinner tonight." Jack said as he finishes the back and starts the eggs.
"Yeah, that sounds like fun." Rose said Z she watches Jack.
Jack looked at her and then looked at the bruise on her cheek.
"Here. Let me take a closer look at that bruise." Jack said as he hands Rose the spacula.
Rose took over cooking eggs, so Jack can better take. look at her bruise. Jack got close to her and gently touched Roses cheek, where this bruise is. Rose winced a little bit.
"Sorry." Jack said as he retracted his hand.
"It's okay." Rose said as she finishes the eggs and took the food into the table in the living room, while Jack grabbed plates and drinks.
They both sat down and ate in comfortable silence. After they were done eating, both Jack and Rose worked together to wash the dishes.
"I think it would be best if both of us take a shower before heading to school." Rose said.
Jack got all flustered.
Little did Jack know what's about to come next.