24

Everleigh:

I've been having morning sickness more frequently. It had been really getting on my nerves because there is nothing my wolf can do to prevent it. I have been trying to hide it from Ash because I don't want him to find out right now. With Clair, we have been planning a little surprise present to tell him the news. She has been very supportive all this time and I am truly grateful for her in my life.

But sadly all good things come to an end. Clair has to leave in a couple of days and I need to release the big news of my pregnancy before she leaves. So I have organised a dinner with my parents, the boys and Asher's mum.

I was getting things ready, Rose was in her room playing and Ash was setting the table since they would all arrive soon. Clair was out with Annie grabbing last minute things I needed for the roast dinner and the rest of the boys were taking care of pack stuff for Ash. I was in a simple pair of jeans, the only ones that still fit me might I add, and a nice blouse type top with a long cardigan. I was pottering about in the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it!" I yelled into the house and walked to get the door.

Of course, my parents had to be here earlier than necessary to come to piss me off. More so my mother than my father.

I walked them to the kitchen and continued what I was doing, chopping the carrots.

" You could have done an effort on the way you dress in the house. You never know when guests will suddenly appear. And since you have decided to marry a man like your father you might need to up your game." And there it was, that Remarque that she just had to do. I did think it was too silent to be true. I guess I was right.

As if on cue Asher came in and took the knife out of my hands and placed it on the side of the chopping board. I didn't even realise that I had cut the carrot to buggery and all that was left of it was confetti, literally. I took in a breath before turning around to get a new vegetable that I can cut up.

"What are you cooking, pumpkin?" My dad's voice rang out in the silence and I was glad for that. I smiled.

"Your favourite, roast beef with Yorkies, tones of gravy, veggies and roast potatoes." We exchanged smiles and I could see Asher in the corner of my eyes giving away a very small smile too. My mum, on the other hand, did not seem to get that this was supposed to be a happy family moment.

Noooo she just had to ruin it.

"You never could do it as good as mine. And that is a fact. Your meat was too cooked, potatoes soggy..." She went on saying what was bad about my cooking and I mumbled under my breath.

"Nothing is ever up to standards for you anyway. "

"I'm sorry. What was that? I hate it when you mumble. Speak clearly." Her voice was strict.

"I said, nothing is ever up to standards with you. All I do for you is bad. I try so hard to be the perfect daughter you've always wanted me to be but I never seem to come even close."

I hadn't realised that I was in tears before Asher came to me to wipe them off. I pushed out of his arms as I didn't want to be comforted at this moment only making my wolf whimper at the fact that I pushed mate away.

"You never looked proud of me. You barely ever looked at me after Ben died! You have always blamed me and I have been living with the guilt for nearly 5 years! 5 fucking years! But you hated me way before that. His death only added oil to the fire."

She was going to talk again but I was on a roll here and I wasn't about to stop now. I needed to get this off my chest.

"But you didn't give a fuck about that. You never did. All you wanted was for your precious son to take over daddy's place even if I had the rightful place. When I got pregnant that was like a godsend to you. Wasn't it? It was the perfect excuse to get rid of that horrible daughter you had. But the funny thing is, I actually thought that it would change you. Becoming a grandmother. It sure as hell changed me becoming a mum. I needed your help and support and I got neither." I was full blown out crying and Ash just kept rubbing my back and letting me talk. He knew somehow that I needed this and he was there for me.

"And look where I am now. I am engaged to a man I love more than anything, I have a beautiful baby girl and a new family that is there for me and I am the Luna of this pack and I'm taking over the throne since I have completed the mating process as well as getting married. So you can kiss that crown goodbye. You thought I couldn't survive without you well look at me now!" I felt proud of myself for all the shit I had gone through and this was only the tip of the iceberg. But of course, she had to butt in.

"You say all this darling but you are nothing. You are nothing without the man you so-called 'love'. You are nothing without your father and me. You are nothing without Sergei. And it's not a title or a piece of diamond on a band that will change the fact that you are, and will forever remain, nothing. " her words hit me like a bus. I still can't go over the fact that she is supposed to be my mother and that my dad has said nothing during all this. Her face remained stoic as for my father, well I couldn't see since his eyes were cast to the ground. And that just built my anger more.

"And you 'dad'. You have been watching me take all these blows from your wife and you never said anything. Ever. You just sat there and listened to her like a lost puppy. And you still do. How ironic that the leader of the whole werewolf world, their king can't even stand up to his own wife." And that's when I lost it.

My so-called mother's hand slapped me across the face.

"Don't you dare ever talk to us like that you ungrateful bitch." She spat at me.

"Leave now!" Asher's Alpha voice boomed over all the rest.

"No need babe. I'm going I can't stand being here any longer." I walked over the front door, took the first pair of keys and ran out of the house ignoring the cries from Asher and my dad for me to come back.

My wolf needing a release so I let her take control and make decisions for me.

I clicked the keys and to my surprise, I had picked up Asher's keys to one of his lovely sports cars. I hopped in and put the key in the ignition and drove off never looking back.

________________________