[Audrey's POV]

"STOP! Please. Please just stop hurting my mom you dick!" I yelled out in frustration as he hit my mom one more time.

It was another one of those nights where my mom's new boyfriend got drunk off of his ass. My father died five months ago, and I guess the way she coped with the pain was to start doing drugs and get a boyfriend who did the same thing. Life has been hell for these five months, and all I've been thinking about is how all of this is my fault. I wanted to go to my friend Lila's house the night my dad got into that fatal car crash. Of course I could drive, but my mom refused to give me the car keys, and she also refused to drive me there because the roads were too slippery from all of the snow we were getting in Minnesota. My dad never said no to me, so he took me to Lila's house. I said goodbye to him and he went off.

He died halfway back home. People said that he hit a patch of black ice and spun out of control, but no one really knows. I never said I love you to him before he died.

My way of coping with the pain and all of the guilt was to get my little silver buddy out and slide it across my wrist. It felt really nice to see the blood come out. I guess it kind of fascinated me because of how it's supposed to be blue in your body, but once it hits the oxygen it turns that magnificent red color.

(AN// Yes, there will be cutting, and depression in this fanfiction. Just a heads up.)

-

Today is the first day of junior year. I got up at around 6:00, took a shower, and got dressed in a gray sweater, black skinny jeans, and my black converse I've had for such a long time. I went downstairs only to see that the living room was a mess once again from the fight that my mom and her boyfriend, Jake, had last night. I just sighed and went into the kitchen to eat something before I had to leave. I decided to just eat an apple since I wasn't really hungry, and we didn't really have that much food in the house anyway.

"I'm leaving!" I yelled towards my mom's room.

I quickly grabbed my car keys, left the house, and got in my car. I started the engine up and headed on my way to gross school. It was better than staying home, so I guess you could say that it wasn't all that bad.

---

AN// I know this is like reallllyyyy really short, but I just really wanted to get this fanfiction out. I really hope you'll like this fanfic.

THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU COMMENT AND VOTE ;)