•...Prologue 1...•

This is the first in a series of 3 fangans, however, this writing is old.

Some art and characters are NOT good and also not representative of my best work. Additionally, the representation of some subject matters may have not been fully thought out, specifically representation of certain mental illnesses (including Dissociative Identity Disorder) and this may be seen as reductive, harmful or inaccurate. However, this book is necessary for understanding the other books. Some of the minor story details in this book have been retconned. One day, I may revisit this and rewrite it/edit it, but as of now it doesn't represent my current skill.

If you aren't caught up with the story of Danganronpa, it is recommended that you do so before reading as I may not have summarised it well later in the story. This serves as a follow-up for Danganronpa V3.

I hope you enjoy nonetheless!

Originally created February 2019-May 2020

Prologue 1

???'s POV

My eyes shot open as I felt a slight emptiness in my lungs, causing me to take in a large amount of air. I soon realised that I didn't have the faintest idea of where I was. A small room with a cream-coloured, three seated sofa, aligned perfectly with a small, oak coffee table. On top of the table lay something that resembled a phone. I slowly walked over to the table and apprehensively picked it up, looking for an "on" button. I could see my reflection in the blank glass screen.

I eventually found the button to turn the thing on. What I saw startled me greatly.

(image broke and the original was deleted from my phone. her name is Fuyuko Shirota, the Ultimate Flautist. she's the girl in the cover)

"What the hell?" I murmured, inspecting the screen.

"Hello?" A voice called out from behind me.

I turned to be greeted by a girl who looked around my age. She had yellow, almost gold, eyes and orangey hair. She looked quite distant and although she called my attention and was facing me, she was looking all around, inspecting the furniture and walls of the room, all while mumbling things about furniture.

"Excuse me?" I asked her apprehensively

"Oh, uh, yes. Kimika Takahashi. Hi." She immediately turned to the walls again, stroking the wallpaper.

"Hey. If you don't mind me asking, what on earth are you doing?" I watched her, almost in a trance as she crouched down and poked the corner where the walls met.

"Yeah, I'm checking the room. I'm the SHSL Set Designer. Making sure this isn't a game show. You?"

I noticed she spoke in short sentences, often missing out words like "I'm".