Chapter Two // Sleep is a Dead Man's Practice // Daily Life

(Hey! If you spot any grammar/spelling mistakes/plotholes please tell me.)

My eyes shot wide open as I heard Monokuma's morning announcement blast through the speakers on the monitor in my room.

"Goood morning everyone! How did you all sleep? Of course, that's a rhetorical question since I can't hear you! Anyway, nighttime is officially over and I'd like us all to have a chit-chat in the auditorium. I have a surprise waiting for you all!" Just as the announcement ended, I heard a vibration ok my bedside table.

On the screen of my Monokuma File, I saw the words "NEW RULE" In capital letters.

Having read that, I opened up the rules tab.

The new rule was written at the bottom of the list, underlined.

(New) 6 - Residents are required to attend Monokuma's scheduled meetings. Meetings scheduled by students do not count. Students must arrive within 15 minutes of the meeting being announced.

I pulled myself out of bed. While I wasn't eager to see Monokuma, I didn't really want to know what happened if I got an "infraction", as Monokuma put it.

I walked downstairs to see Kimika, about to leave the house.

"Oh, hey, Fuyuko." She said.

"Hi..." I replied.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just...worried, is all."

"Worried about what?" She said, raising an eyebrow.

I sighed.

"That...something like *that* will happen again."

"No, it won't. I promise you."

I wasn't sure, but Kimika's reassurance helped me a bit.

"Wanna walk with me?" She said.

"No, I'll grab something and follow behind."

"But what about the new rule?"

"It won't take me fifteen minutes to grab a bowl of cereal, Kimika."

"I guess you're right. Don't be long." She said, sternly. Something about how much she cared about me made me feel happy.

In reality, it only took around five minutes.

In the auditorium, everyone looked worse for wear. Everyone was standing uncomfortably, not quite sure what to say to each other.

"So-" Issei began to speak.

"Don't start." Genki groaned.

"What?! I was just gonna ask Fuyuko what took her so long." He turned to look at me when I noticed a large bruise on his face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He said.

"Um...you have a..." I pointed to my own face.

"Oh, this?" He said. "That's from when our resident moron punched me. Hurts like a bitch."

"You did deserve it..." Haruhi remarked.

Eiji sighed. "Y'know Guys, If we hadn't argued so much, Omi maybe wouldn't have died."

"That's so not true!"

"It kind of is, honey." Sumiko said. "Maybe we should try being friends from now on."