Challenge #1

Challenge: Write about a character from a musical having first impressions on another character, either from the same musical or from another.

My entry:

"Hurry up, slow poke!" Jeremy Heere called to his boyfriend, speeding up.

Jeremy was meeting up at the park with his cousin so they could catch up since they hadn't seen each other in a long time. His cousin was bringing his best friend along so, Jeremy brought his boyfriend so it wouldn't be awkward.

"Okay, okay!" His boyfriend, Michael Mell, laughed, trying to catch up.

"He's probably already there!"

"Dude, take.. A chill.. Pill." Michael breathed, finally having caught up with Jeremy.

"I've tried. It doesn't work as well as you'd think." Jeremy deadpanned.

Michael rolled his eyes, grabbing Jeremy's hand and interlocking their fingers so Jeremy couldn't race off again.

Finally, they arrived at the park.

Jeremy lead Michael through the winding sidewalks that passed through the trees. Finally, they arrived at a small cliff that hung over the lake.

There was a boy with blond hair and a cast on his arm sitting on the edge, kicking his legs and another boy, with dark hair and glasses, playing on his phone.

"Hey Evan!" Jeremy called, grinning.

"Jeremy!" Evan stood up and walked over to him, hugging him. He turned to Michael, offering a small smile. "You're Jeremy's boyfriend?"

"Yeah, I'm Michael. You must be Evan." Michael grinned back.

The other boy walked up to them. "And I am the amazi-"

"Jared. His name's Jared." Evan quickly cut him off so he couldn't finish his usual introduction.

Jared narrowed his eyes at Evan. "How rude." He turned back to Michael. "It's a pleasure." He stuck out his hand and winked.

Michael snorted, shaking his hand.

They wandered the park for a while, Jeremy and Evan catching up while Jared and Michael lagged behind, telling horrible jokes.

"Hey Jared.. Wanna hear a joke about paper?" Jared asked.

"Yes."

"Oh.. Nevermind.." Michael raised an eyebrow, looking at Jared confused. "It's too... TEARABLE!"

They broke down laughing, so hard they had tears.

Once they had finally contained their laughter, Michael nudged Jared. "Did you know I used to work in a shoe recycling shop?"

"Really?" Jared asked, surprised.

"Yeah it was s-"

"Sole destroying. Hilarious. You've used that one thousands of time Mikey." Jeremy interjected, exasperated.

Michael sighed, slouching. "You ruined my joke!" He whined.

"It was still funny.." Jared added in. "Kinda..."

Jeremy rolled his eyes, going back to talking with Evan.

Jared thought for a moment.

"Oh! What do you call a fake noodle!"

...

"An impasta!" They said at the same time, breaking down laughing again.

I regret bringing Michael... Jeremy thought to himself, rubbing the side of his temple.

-Characters-

Evan Hansen- Dear Evan Hansen
Jared Kleinman- Dear Evan Hansen
Michael Mell- Be More Chill
Jeremy Heere- Be More Chill

Queen- Oof-Queen-733

King- RandomRandomness2005

Hope you enjoyed!~