chapter 1

Lauren groaned as light began to spill into her dark room, she blinked rapidly before pushing herself off of her creaky mattress. Her hands gripped onto the scratchy white blanket. An empty cold air settled at her feet, sending shivers up her body. 

She sighed, the light of the window wrapped around each and every curve of her body, gently distorting her figure, making her look slightly angelic. The blueness of the lake settled at the bottom of the window, the greens of the pine taking most of the room.

She only began to move when she heard shuffling and a quiet 'Shit' from downstairs. 

She walked out of her room, her finger trailing across the old walls, she stopped to peer into the room to her right. She smiled softly, her eyes wandered over the room, coming to a stop when she noticed her two older friends passed out in bed.

Lauren walked down the stairs quietly, she moved towards the kitchen seeing both Camila and Dinah covered in flour. She quietly chuckled from the corner of the living room, the flour-covered girls too distracted and their vision too white to see the raven haired girl watching.

"How the fuck does Ally do this." muttered Dinah as she scrambled around the kitchen.

"Beats me." replied Camila as she tried to read the instructions on the back of the box.

Lauren smiled gently, she knew that if Normani hadn't gotten Ally so drunk the night before she would be down here making breakfast for them, instead Camila and Dinah took up the responsibility, and were failing to do so correctly.

"Two eggs." said Camila while holding up two fingers, "For like four pancakes, we need two eggs."

Dinah nodded while pulling out the egg carton from the fridge. She cracked the eggs into a separate bowl, awaiting Camila's further instructions.

"Just dump a bunch of flour into there," instructed Camila while pointing to the already flour dusted bowl, "And like some of this."

Camila was beginning to grab the baking soda when she heard Lauren cry out, "Camz! Dont."

Lauren nearly leapt across the living room and into the kitchen, "Wait." she nearly gasped out.

"Jesus fucking Christ, you almost fucking killed Camila," said Dinah, she laughed when she Camila's shocked expression as she held the large amount of baking soda over the bowl. 

"I'm hungry. And I'm like a hundred percent sure Ally is gonna wake up hungover as hell, so we need some decent food A-S-A-P." interrupted Lauren.

"See that's where you're wrong. Ally doesn't wake up hungover, she could literally run ten miles after a night of hella drinkin." said Dinah before she returned to pouring certain ingredients into several different bowls.

"Mhm." agreed Camila while dropping the fist full of baking soda into the sink, she moved her hand into the container and raised it again with a smaller amount of powder in between her fingers, she look for Lauren for approval before tossing it into the bowl.