BROKEN FAMILY

Panel discussion

Moderator: Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome for today's panel discussion. My name is Maya Butel. I am the chairman for today and it is a great pleasure both to participate in the panel with our guests and to welcome you to this event.

Ok! Here is our topic for today. As we all know, Broken Families where parents doesn't live together or separated. Children live with one of the parent, or many a time they are looked after by one of the grandparent.

We have invited you today to inform broken families about what are the causes of a broken family and how to avoid this causes and how to overcome with this situation.

But first let me introduce you to our special guests.

The one who has a broken family, Ms. Maureen Sagay
Our very intelligent attorney, Ms. Maya Butel
And our dearest guidance councelor, Mr. KJ Balanay

Moderator: Ms. Maureen Sagay you are the one who have a broken family. How it feels like for you?

Maui: Being part of a broken family is something that many people live with, though a lot of the time, we don't show it. This is what I experienced, when you come from a broken family, it feels like you're isolated and cut-off from the rest of the world. Being so distant to a parent often pressures you into feeling like you need to deal with it by yourself. Why? Because it is embarrassing. It's embarrassing because it feels like you're the only one with a family who can't seem to get along. It's embarrassing because while everyone gets picked up by their parents, you're left behind hitching a ride or a public transport. It hurts. It hurts because it's sometimes difficult to understand why your family is like this. Why you have to suffer while everyone else is so seemingly happy with their families. Why you hurt so badly when other families get along so well. Most holidays pretty much suck. This is when an abundance of friends' family pictures flow through your facebook feeds, capturing everything but my family isn't. I hate every other event that requires a parent present and it makes me crazy jealous when I see other parents who care enough to make such an effort with their children.

Moderator: Oh I am sorry for what you'd experienced! But attorney Ms. Butel what can you say about the causes of broken family?

Attorney: With what Ms. Sagay shared there is more causes of broken families especially to their childrens. The International Convention on the Rights of the Child gives all children the right to a family. It offers a protective perimeter against violation of their rights. Children separated from their parents become easy victims of violence, exploitation, trafficking, discrimination and all other types of abuses. According to the World Health Organization in 2000, some 57,000 deaths within families were attributable to homicides of children under age of 15. The world estimates related to child homicides suggest that infants and very young children are the most exposed to this, the rate for the 0-4 years age group being more than double that of the 5-14 years age group. This will increase if parents among families are broken or separated.

Moderator: Oh! So that are the effects of broken families. So dear guidance councelor, Mr. KJ Balanay what can you advice to avoid this causes for this situation?

GC: If you know someone who has a broken family, tell them that GLUE. Stick your broken shards of your family together. Togetherness is the key. Spend a weekend by a lake on a cabin. Go out for dinner together. Go bowling, play mini golf. Try and do something that's family friendly. Just tell them that. But most importantly, let them speak their frustrations and try to fullfill their needs. If there is a misunderstanding from each of them, then try to explain clearer. That is all of my simple advices to them.

Moderator: Wow that's nice. So guys if you know someone who have a broken family then try to stick them with GLUE. Oh well that was just a joke! Ok for some time Ms. Sagay have you overcome already from that situation of yours?

Maui: Yes ofcourse. Time is just the solution for me to move on. Yes I have a bad childhood because of my broken parents but I do learn many things. I learn to endure hardships and persist in the face of adversity. I learn to face and deal with embarassment. I gain a unique sense of compassion and empathy. With my experiences, I form strong bonds between my friends and while I fear one day creating a broken family of my own, I know what I'll do whatever it takes to uphold a happy and supporting household.

Moderator: That's the spirit. So she already overcome her experiences of her broken family by time. Just like our relationship with our ex girlfriend or ex boyfriend if there is we can move on just by time passes. Right? And that experiences of her also makes her more stronger to live in her life. So that is so good.

Ok I'm happy to discuss all of this with you and I really appreciate all of your answers today and I hoped that this discussion helps you to understand more about Broken Families. Thank you guys for being here this afternoon.