Embarrassed By The Digger

Hi!!! This story is actually one of my school assignment!! I tried to make it funny, but I'm not sure if it worked!! :D Please Comment and Vote!!! Id be sooooooooooooo happy :D

Do you know the feeling when you get so embarrassed you want to sink through the ground? Well heres what happened to me the other day.

I was sitting in my language Arts class, watching, as everyone slowly presented their work, wondering when it was going to be my turn. I prayed silently that the teacher would forget about me, but that was way too good to be true.

"Lisa, your next" The teacher glanced up at me from his pile of grading papers.

"O...ok" I kept my head down as I walked slowly to the front of the class, clutching my light blue poster paper.

"Today, I'm presenting about a book I read, it's called "The Digger". I muttered, cursing myself for choosing that book as the class erupted in laughter.

"HAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!"

"THE DIGGER HAHAHA"

"HEEHEHEHEHE WHAT KIND OF BOOK IS THAT"

"THE DIGGER HOHOHOHO"

Trying to block out the laughter, I continued.

"The author of that book is called D.I.Ger..."

before I had finishd speaking, the class had doubled over with laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAA DIGGER WRITING BOUT DIGGER HAHAH!!!!"

"HAHA MAYBE ITS AN AUTOBOIGRAPHY HAHAAH"

"HEHEHEHE D.I.GERS LIFE STORY HAHAHA"

After five whole minutes of the class laughing, and me standing there, feeling so embarrassed that I wanted to disappear off the face of Earth forever.

When everyone finally settled back down, the teacher looked at me and told me to continue, and I was glad to let myself drown in my 5000 word essay.

Opening up my poster, I noticed something wasnt right, all my paragraphs had been covered up by pictures of the digger. I felt the heat slowly creeping up the back of my neck, felt my face burning, and then somebody had to make it worse by shouting "HEY!! THAT'S THE DIGGER!!! HAHAHA!!!" Then I guess you know what happened next...

"HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!"

"THE DIGGER LOOKS WIERD!! HAHA"

"HOHOHO LOL THE DIGGER HAS A HEADLIGHT!!"

I felt tears welling in my eyes as I watched everyone trying to catch their breath. I prayed with all my might that I could just melt into the ground.

And then it happened. One second I was praying like mad, the next second I had plunged into the ground, away from all the laughter.

 I looked around, it was dark, but I found myself fully equiped, shovel, boots helmet and flashlight, just like the digger in the story.

i walked around aimlessly, still thinking about what had just happened.

I was happy to get away for a while, but how would I get back?" Now i sort of regretted wishing to disappear. wondering if i would ever be able to see daylight again.

Suddenly, I had an ingenious idea, grabbing hold of my shovel, I digged and digged, not knowing which direction but still digging with all my might, not even stopping when hands began to bleed. After a long time of digging, I began to hear the faint but audible sounds of the classes nervous chatter. That sound got louder with every dig, when finally, I emerged from the ground, shovel still in my hand.

Voices stopped, eyes stared, then everyone roared with laughter.

HAHAHHAAHA THE DIGGER CAME ALIVE HAHA"

"HEHEHEHEHE THE DIGGER IS YOU!!"

This time, instead of getting embarrassed, I laughed along with everyone else.

COMMENT AND VOTE PLEASE :D thanks