The news

Just another rainy day in wales but it's all I'm used to.
I love wales because I have all my family and the best friends anyone could want. I work as a hair and make up artist based in the Cardiff BBC television centre so It's close to home and I get the chance to meet lots of celebrities which is pretty cool. I also do part time voluntary work on a local beach as a lifeguard but it's nothing like you see on TV programmes like that Bondi rescue, the maximum we would get on a busy day is only about 200 people.

I woke up and looked outside,it was just another rainy day. I looked at my phone and noticed that I had an email from my boss saying that I needed to attend a meeting that day which I thought was unusual as I'm never needed in meetings but I thought nothing else of it.
I got out of bed and picked out an outfit then went to the kitchen of my apartment and grabbed something quick for breakfast before heading off for work.

When I arrived at work I went to the meeting room which was stated in the email and noticed that there were 2 people from each department stood outside the room waiting,I thought this can't be good. I noticed my friend Emily who worked on wardrobe was also here so I decided to see if she had any idea what this meeting was about.

"Hey,what's this all about" I asked

"I have no idea but apparently there sacking loads of people because of department budgets being cut" she said with a worried expression on her face

Just as I was about to reply the meeting room door opened and our department manager Jason welcomed us all in. Once we all piled into the room he began.

"I'm sure you've all heard about the department cuts and sadly our department has been the effected worst" he said sorrowfully

The room was automatically filled with groans and worried looking faces,he continued

"Long story cut short your all loosing your jobs here"

Me and Emily made eye contact immediately and her eyes were slowly filling with tears, the room was full of commotion, everyone asking what they are supposed to do now but Jason calmed everyone and again continued

" I have made some calls to a few of my contacts and there are job opportunities available for each and every one of you doing exactly the same thing your doing now just for a different company but there's just one little thing.....its in Australia!"

There were mixed emotions all around the room some happy and others the complete opposite, I turned to Emily and the tears where now gone and replaced with sheer excitement.

"This is amazing isn't it!" she exclaimed
I still wasn't sure how I felt about this offer but just nodded and gave her a slight smile.

What am I going to do?