Chapter Two

Chloe's point of view.

"Let's just walk because I don't have a car, and it's not too far away," Beca said as she put her leather jacket on. I nodded my head in agreement whilst slipping my shoes on.

We were on the path towards the Thai shop when I decided that I'd like to get to know Beca a bit better, so I asked her some questions. "Hey Beca," I mumbled quietly.

She immediately replied back just as quietly, "yeah?"

"Umm, when's your birthday?" I asked sincerely. She took a few seconds to think, but soon answered my question. "it's the 9th of August" she said looking at me and giving me a slight smile. Just as I went to ask another question we walked through the doors of the Thai shop, and Beca saw a tall brunette and walked up to her and playfully punched her arm. I watched them talk for a bit then Beca started ordering something. Eventually she came back and we went to find a table. We decided on a small booth sitting across from one another.

My food arrived a while ago, however Beca's hadn't. "Beca, what'd you order?" I ask politely.

"Oh, I didn't order." She said, "I'm not hungry."

"Oh, um, alright then." I said back quietly and started eating my noodles again as she watched. "Are you sure you don't want any of mine?" I asked and she simply just shook her head softly giving me a small smile.

We got have at about 7:45pm and I could barely keep my eyes open. "I'm gonna go shower." I said as I throw my shoes into the corner of our room. She just gave me a slight mumble of agreement. I got in the shower singing party in the USA and turned on the taps. After a while I could hear someone singing along with me, so I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around myself. I opened the bathroom door to see Beca sitting on her bed with her laptop singing the song I that I just sang. "Hey," I said softly giving her a warm smile.

"Oh, um hi." She said awkwardly with a slight giggle.

"Hmm, you can really sing. Can you sing me something?" I asked her while leaning against the bathroom doorframe.

"Umm, sure I guess..?" She asked with a tone of confusion. She started singing, and her voice mesmerised me.

I'm strumming on the corner
About to catch last the train home
I'll have to jump the barriers
So can you spare a penny for my thoughts
I've been praised upon the pavements
Passers by don't pay much
Chased away by neighbours
Seen things you couldn't make up
If these streets could talk
They'd tell a story or two
I'll paint a picture for you

I can tell you what it feels like
To lose your home on a cold night
Can you see the blood in my red eyes
Have another toke, we'll forget life

So come and fly away with me
To a place where we could be anyone we wanna be
We can bottle up our fear
Brew a taste so sweet
Knock us off our feet
And we'll
Burn our troubles
Inhale them all
Paint the future on a fractured wall
So come and fly away with me
To a place where we could be anyone we wanna be

Then she stopped. I don't know why because her voice is so angelic, and strong at the same time. "Why did you stop?" I ask curiously.

"Umm..." she stutters awkwardly, "because that's all I've written so far?"

"What?! You wrote that?" I asked shocked. And she just nods shyly. "Becs! That is amazing, I can't wait to hear more!" I say eagerly giving her a wide smile.

I realised I'm still wrapped in just a towel, so I walk over to my bed to get changed. I drop the towel forgetting Beca's behind me until I hear, "Umm, Beale. I'm still here you realise?" And I turn around quickly to see a flustered Beca. I squeal and quickly grab my towel and pyjamas running to the bathroom.

I walk out of the bathroom ready for bed. "Night Becs." I mumble as I turn off my bed side lamp and roll over in bed.

"Night Chlo," I hear Beca reply before I dose off into a peaceful slumber.

By the way, the name of the song is fly away by Tom walker, if you haven't heard it you should listen to it. This still doesn't exactly explain the plot, but it's just the beginning. Sorry it's so awkward :/ thanks for reading though :)