Chapter One

Way back in 2020 my mom met my dad and when our world started to corrupt they ran away. They both left a note saying they were gonna kill themselves by jumping in the river. There was no surveillance cameras by the river so that night they rode off on my dad's JonLen Motorcycle. My parents rode to a warm place where no one lived. No planes have passed by in the 13 years I have lived here and my parents say none have passed in the 20 years they have lived here. It's just my family and I on this large island that has never been found by anyone. Our family includes my sister Jade,my brother Onyx, my mom, my dad and, me. Our family is very close because were the only people to talk to. Our other relatives passed away on a family trip to Japan (I was being born then so my parents survived and didn't go along).

On our Island we have a large bungalow type house. We built it out of bamboo, mud, trees and coconuts. Our house is two stories tall! We are currently adding a third floor. Our house is my favorite part of the island but my room is definitely the coolest. I want to be an architect but living here there are no job places available so my mom let me design my room and she loved it so much she wants me to design the third floor. My room is about 450 square feet. My door has bamboo hanging from it when you first walk in I cut bamboo so it sounds like a beautiful woodchime. So everytime someone enters it is music to my ears. Then to the right I have large cabinets that contain my clothes and random things I have invented. My bed is a large hammock that is made out of buffalo hide and bamboo poles. It is very soft and comfortable. Then I have a large window that is a door that opens outside to my bridge I created that goes across the forest to my treehouse. I also have a floor door trap on the bridge that leads to my vines that I can swing on throughout the whole forested island. I like my house a lot and since we have lived here so long I don't think anything can destroy it. We have disguised it to look like a large tree so that if the government ever found our island they wouldn't be able to tell people were on it.

My dad hunts a lot and he is very good at it. He has hunted buffalo, elk,deer,birds,and elephants. On the island we also have a large garden not including all the plants around us. In our garden we have potatoes, black raspberries, green beans, peas and a large apple tree. Food is definitely not scarce and right on the bridge from my room is lots of coconut trees and coconuts are my favorite. Out on this island coconuts are like candy.

You're probably wondering how we survived so long if we didn't have anything. Well my parents came with some items. A safe filled with all the cash they have all in 100 hundreds just in case we ever need money. They came with a fire starter a machete and lots of books on edible plants and poisonous things and survival books. Then they also came with 10 chicken eggs that there chickens had just laid and they kept them under the warm sun and they hatched so now we have fresh eggs and the chickens reproduce each year so we currently have 50 chickens on the island. My dad also packed many blankets and a tarp. And my mom packed lots of x-large clothing and a needle and lots of thread. Thats how we make our clothes we cut up old things and up cycle them to be nice new things. My dad also packed some pots and pans and a portable fireplace. This was all carried on a trailer hooked to the motorcycle and I can't even imagine the sight of that or how its possible but it worked.