Wumptober day Two: Bloody Hands

Tony didn't think much of the guy who attacked him. He was just some crazy dude who had a grudge against him. He had a lot of those. He just so happened to be crazy and or angry enough to come swiping at him with a knife. It had freaked him out all right, but he was in front of too many people to act scared. He was at a charity gala, so he just acted surprised that a guy could come that close to him, made a comment about security and laughed it off. There were too many people around for him to get hurt.

      But then he lifted his hand away from where the man had swiped with his hunting knife, and his hand was covered with his own blood.

     "Pepper." Her name was out before another person had time to gasp. She had been his partner to this thing. She was by his side when the attacker had gotten to him, and she was still there asking if he was okay.

          "We need a doctor!" Pepper called out, looking frantic. Soon people were making a wide birth around him and Tony could see a man in a nice suit come running up. Pepper gripped his hand and suddenly he was overcome by dizziness. All he had to do was sit down. But there were just too many people and they were all swarming around him. So... he just fell backwards.

        "Here, lets bring him to a different room. We need to get him out of here." Tony heard, he was soon lead away from the crowed and into a small room out of the ball room itself. It went by so fast that he couldn't even notice the person who was helping him sit in a chair.

      "Hey Tony."

         "Strange?" tony eyes shot open, and saw the tall man kneel before him. Dr Stephan Strange looked handsome in a tux, very different form his usual wizard cloak. "What are you doing here?"

         "At the moment keeping you alive. Here help me with your shirt." Strange started to unbutton Tony's shirt. It was white, but already had a large dark red stain in front of it. He lifted his undershirt and revealed the wound in his stomach. Tony felt like he might vomit. Strange studied the gushing wound. It was bleeding worse now. The iron stink of blood filled Tony's nose and he couldn't look at it. Tony had dealt with worse, he had been conscious through surgery for gods sake, but this was veil and bloody. And he could see all of it.

        "Here, stay still." Strange put his hands against Tony's stomach. Tony jolted, making the wound stretch. He moaned and tear pricked his eyes. Then, suddenly, Strange's cold hands turned warm. As a strange sensation pulled itself through Tony's body from where Strange's hands touched him, making his arms and neck prickle with goose bumps. Strange was a soft chant under his breath. Tony could hear him he bent over so his nose was resting in the other man's hair. He smelled clean, and suddenly he felt more comfortable, the pain in his stomach started to decrease, like his hand was being taken off a hit iron. He gasped with the feeling.

      Strange pulled his hands away, they were covered in Tony's blood, but where there was a gash was smooth skin. Not even a scar. It was a miracle.

     "Stay safe Iron Man. We don't need a dead super hero do we?" and with that he turned back to the door and like a spell had been broken there was a raging noise from outside of it, and people came bustling in. Pepper, a medic, his body guards, a few police officers. They didn't notice the tall man wander out of the room past them. He looked like a dream, but that could have just been the blood loss talking for all Tony knew.