P3RF3CT M4TCH

How could you let this happen? You were supposed to protect him, and you failed. Just like everything else you do. You've failed to save him from your problem-- your battle. Jack didn't hesitate to kill him, and though you can't see, you know it's bad by the cherry scent in the air.

you cling to him, not willing to let go. It's all you can do not to cry, but eventually, you let even that happen. You've been so strong for a long time; maybe it's time to let yourself cry for once. You're so afraid for him... "K4RK4T... WH4T H4V3 1 DON3?" you whisper.

"T-TEREZI... I WANT YOU T-TO KNOW THAT I... I NEVER MEANT FOR YOU TO GET HURT..." he coughs, sending a strong dose of the cherry scent into the air. "I NEVER MEANT TO GET HURT EITHER... I'M SUCH A SH-SHIT LEADER..." Karkat begins to pant from speaking. it's almost too much for you and you cling to his shirt, feeling a stinging in your side.

"K4RK4T, 1 N3V3R GOT HURT. >:?" You breathe in a sharp breath when he places a hand on your side. when he pulls it away, he holds the teal blood up to your nose. the scent of flowers fills your nostrils and you realize that you have been bleeding the whole time.

"YOU DID AND IT'S... ALL MY FAULT... TER, PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR--" he coughs again, this time gurgling on his blood, "EVerything..." His voice turns to a near whisper and tears stream freely from your eyes now. "by the way ter... i think t-teal is a very pretty color... maybe one day... we can paint the world t-together..."

He laughs through his coughing and you lay there next to him, feeling his breath get slower and slower. you begin to count the time between them. Inhale... one... two... exhale... one... two... three... You get all the way to five and realize that he isn't going to breath again.

You use your finger to draw what you think is a heart with his red blood in what you think is your teal blood. You begin to feel tired, suddenly. You take your finger, smeared with both blood and lick it, tasting the sweet combination...

JUST 4S 1 THOUGHT... TH3 P3RF3CT M4TCH...