*Spirit Rules*

Spirits are not Hellhounds, but are very much related

Spirits are not Hellhounds, but are very much related. While Hellhounds are limited to 1000 words to say what is necessary, spirits are so concise that five words or less is all that's needed. Yet, Spirits are very imaginative, have a good grasp of language, and are often surprisingly good descriptive writers with a vocabulary like a thesaurus.

Spirits have one job: to keep Wattpad from being overrun with stories named after exactly what they are, copied from a famous work of literature or pop culture icon, or sharing the same title with forty authors.

It isn't that difficult to describe what a Spirit does. A Spirit gives the story a unique flair that's also practical for marketing. It is important, whether your thing is being a part of communities, book clubs, entering contests, or being active on the forums, that whatever you create on Wattpad is as original as possible. A client doesn't want a story remembered unfavourably because another story with the same name that wasn't very good caused a mix-up.

 A client doesn't want a story remembered unfavourably because another story with the same name that wasn't very good caused a mix-up

Don't sell yourself short. You'll be doing a lot of work, so if you want something, don't be afraid to ask.

Things that seem obvious aren't always entirely clear, so asking for genuine comments means you'll have to live with "Nice!" and "Good work!"

Instead, say, "Read a chapter of my book and leave two constructive comments, pointing out both positive and negative aspects of what you've read." One of the main reasons people end up being disappointed is because they didn't make expectations clear from the start.

Do not start making their summary until payment is completed.

However, try to remember this: the more reasonable your request, the more clients you'll bring in. Spirits can afford to ask for smaller payments because the time required to complete the job is not as intensive as other roles. This opens up the door for you having more clients than those that focus on one project for a long time.