Chapter 1

Hey, it’s a Jalex fic this time!

So this is going to be a bit like WSB with the fact that it’ll be six chapters long and fluffy with a little bit of drama. Not as much drama, though; at times, it might seem a bit plot-less, haha. No smut in this one, either; the only warning is that there will be some alcohol use (and swearing, and sexual innuendos). Also, these chapters will probably be a bit shorter than they usually are, and this story will be told completely through Jack’s POV.

Chapter 1 - Something to Remember

“We are absolutely crazy.”

As I take in my surroundings, I can’t help but agree with what Zack is saying. It’s a Sunday afternoon in Ocean City, and, well…

Seniors. Seniors everywhere.

It’ll be a hell of a lot worse once the sun starts going down, but even now, I can tell that this place is going to be mobbed with crazy new graduate students, Zack and I being two of them.

"Ocean City is one of the top places for Senior Week," he continues as he finds an empty space in the Days Inn parking lot. "Hell, there are even special events for it. What are we thinking, Jack?”

Well, at least he’s self-aware.

"We’re thinking that we’re going to celebrate and have a good time," I tell him. "It’s Senior Week, man. You know what that means?"

"What?"

"Seniors. More specifically, hot seniors."

He shakes his head in amusement and hops out of the car. “Oh, no.”

Zack is my best friend. Because we’ve just graduated high school and it’s the beginning of June, he and I have decided to take a two-man trip to one of the most dangerous locations for Senior Week: Ocean City, Maryland. (Cue the dramatic background music.)

"If something bad happens while we’re here," Zack says as we grab our things and head inside the hotel, "it’s your fault." He says this because, yes, the trip was mainly my idea.

"Bullshit," I say. "You didn’t have to come."

"Yeah, but you would’ve bugged me until I did," he points out.

I shrug. Unfortunately, he’s right. It seems that when I get a plan into my head, I do whatever it takes to make it happen. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, though.

We get checked into our room on the fourth floor, which has two double beds, a flat-screen TV, a balcony, and an ocean view. Zack says that we should probably start unpacking our things, but just the sight of the beach gives me other ideas.

I open the door and step out onto the balcony, letting the nice breeze blow around me. “How about we go down there?” I call back into the room, pointing at the shore. “We can unpack later.”

Zack follows me out, shrugging. “Seems pretty nice out,” he says, knowing that no matter what his answer might be, I’ll probably convince him anyways. “But we’ve gotta get the sunscreen out.”

I roll my eyes. “Sunscreen is a bitch.”

"Well, sunburn is an even bigger bitch," Zack replies smoothly, smirking a little. "Trust me, you do not want to endure the same pain I endured.” He’s talking about the fact that two years ago, he got sun poisoning. I’ll admit—it did not look fun.

Obviously, Zack is the logic in our duo.

So we head back inside and grab the sunscreen, along with towels, a volleyball, and bodyboards (we don’t have surfboards, though—we’re not that good). Then we put on our swimsuits and head down to the boardwalk and the beach.