CXXVII

REAL LIFE

REAL LIFE

Love. A universal language that can come in so many different shapes and forms. Romantic love, the feeling that makes butterflies flutter inside your body, warmth spreads throughout your body and it makes your heart race. Love can see what the eye is blind to, and is felt by the heart. Love is beautiful yet dangerous, it's pure yet tainted and it's crystal clear yet blind.

Love is what Kylian Mbappe felt as he watched Anais Griezmann pepper kisses all over her eldest brother, as she celebrated with the rest of the Griezmanns. A large grin soon swept across Kylian's face as he watched Anais. Her sea blue eyes twinkled with happiness, her luscious lips and pearly whites showed nothing but joy and her wavy brown hair danced alongside. He wished to capture and never forget this moment, her happiness made his insides tingle and feel a strong emotion he had never felt before. And the whole world seemed to stop when his dark brown eyes met her blue-green ones.

Anais Griezmann's heart seemed to stop beating when she met the eyes of Kylian Mbappe. A surge of love rushed through her whole body as she started walking towards the French footballer. The world seemed to slow down as Anais took long strides, her legs seemed to have a mind of their own. Her wide grin never left her face and her eyes looked at nowhere but his. Without even realising it, Anais reached Kylian. His dark eyes seemed to be staring into her soul, and the droplets of water manoeuvring its way down his face, the golden confetti flakes glittering and shimmering didn't seem to faze him at all.

Whilst Anais strode towards him, Kylian Mbappe stood there, seemingly mesmerised by the girl walking towards him. He felt as though he had no control over his face, his mouth could be drooling or catching flies, but at that moment when Anais Griezmann stood less than a metre away from him, he couldn't care any less. Kylian Mbappe twined his strong arms around her waist, and with a small tug, her body was pressed perfectly against his. His heartbeat seemed to quicken when she instinctively wrapped her tanned arms around his neck.

The pair of brown eyes looked down at her with so much warmth in them, the warmth was contagious, it spread to her insides and made everything tingle. Kylian's breath brought goosebumps to the surface of Anais' skin, the proximity of the pair left her almost breathless, it was a feeling she wished to never end. And although they were close enough already, every cell in her body itched to have Kylian closer to her. Her hands were eager to bring his face down so that their lips to could meet. Anais couldn't care if the whole world was watching, so she did it.

Gently and slowly, his face was brought down towards hers.

The pairs of blue and brown eyes closed.

Lips parted.

The whole world went silent.

Lips met lips.

Passion met passion.

Love met love.

And then Anais Griezmann and Kylian Mbappe pulled apart. With their foreheads touching, eyes conveying unspoken words to each other, they were oblivious to the world cheering around them. Entwined in each other's arms, the pair both broke out into large grins.

"I love you, Anais," Kylian whispered.

"I love you, Kylian," Anais replied after giggling.

Kylian Mbappe's hearty chuckle not only made Anais Griezmann's whole body rumble but made her laugh along too.

Because if he was happy, then she was happy. A smile on her face brought a smile on his face.

Their love was blooming and blossoming, and what better to describe the French teenagers' love than the French word épanoui