Bus

Daniel
The scent of wet earth and rain drifts through the air while everyone boards the small bus. It's old, with duct taped holes in the seats and long-stained floors, but it seems like it has a history. For some reason I just get a calming aura from the old vehicle. "Daniel! Where are you sitting?" Zoe clings to my arm, obviously wanting me to sit with her. My frantic gaze looks around but everyone I see already has a seat mate. "Actually, Zoe, I was....ah...." My brown eyes catch on a blonde head sitting alone in the back. "I was going to sit with Jay!" She pouts but relents my arm, allowing me to make my way to Jay's seat. "Hi Jay... is it alright if I sit here?" Biting my lip, I nervously look at him. Jumping a bit, Jay turns his head towards me and puts a hand to his chest, as if saying me? "Yeah... if not I can go somewhere else, I'll understand if you don't want me here. I mean we never talk. Well, I do. You kinda just look at me, which is totally fine! I'm not trying to pressure you into talking! Or letting me sit with you!" I ramble on and on about stupid shit. "I'm so sorry. I'll go find somewhere else..." Mentally kicking myself for being so stupid, I turn to walk away. Just before I leave a warm, strong hand pulls me back. Jay has grabbed onto my shoulder and dragged me into the seat beside him. "I can sit here? Thank you!" A bright smile lights up my face. Jay simply nods and waves away my thanks. The bus groans to a start and we are on our way. My lack of sleep over the trip starts to catch up with me and I lull to sleep. Eyes drooping, my head falls on something soft, smelling of pine and fresh snow. I feel at home, completely safe.

Jay
Daniel Park, the school god, is sleeping on my shoulder. My shoulder! My heart is thumping erratically, surly louder than a jackhammer on a metal pot. The faint smell of coffee and old books drifts from him. God I could just smell him all day. Heat rises to my face. I shouldn't be thinking these things. It's not like he would ever like me back. A small mumble comes from him and he shifts, seeming a bit uncomfortable. I gently lift his head off my shoulder and lay it in my lap. Daniel's black hair falls to the side, giving me the perfect view of his flawless face. For the first time I notice a tiny beauty mark on his right eyelid. Even that little dot is perfect. With trembling hands I brush his hair out of his face further. It's so soft, like petting a kitten or feeling silk, and I end up letting myself bury my fingers in the ocean of ebony strands. I wish I could stay like this forever, my dream guy sleeping in my lap and my fingers curled in his hair. With a sigh I take out my headphones and play my playlist consisting of My Chemical Romance, Fall out Boy, Lincoln Park, Green Day, Nirvana, Panic At the Disco, Adam Lambert, and Black Veil Brides. The song Voodoo by Adam Lambert comes on, the irony too much to handle. The was Daniel had complete control over me was a bit like voodoo. Letting my gaze drift from the window, I look at the boy below me. He seems so peaceful in his sleep, free from the anxiety, depression, and loneliness I know he hides behind his dazzling smile. He's so strong, but sometimes you can't do everything yourself. And so, sitting in a duct taped bus seat and blurred trees outside, I silently vow to protect him with my life. No one will ever hurt my Daniel again.