Stalker

In this short story the Daniels are actually two different people.
Warning! This contains abuse and homophobic slurs!
When the words are in italics, it's either a flashback or Jay "talking".

Daniel
"Don't touch her... just do it to me." I mumble in pain, the jolts of electricity still vibrating in my bones. My stalker gapes in horror. "Darling! Why would you do that? Are you cheating on me?" Her voice goes from scared to furious. Her thin hand grabs a picture of me, her cut-out form taped over it to create a fake memory. "Why don't you remember!?" She screams, spit flying in my face. A law-defyingly strong punch slams into my chest. My loud cry echoes through the room, along with more thuds from me getting hit. I can only hope that Crystal can leave unnoticed. She's innocent in this and I can't let her get hurt. Daniel already got hurt, and he still found his way back here to help. A rib cracks under my stalkers fist and all breath leaves my chest. Flashes of my past swing by my eyes, disorienting me. No no no no no no! This is an awful time for flashbacks!
"How did I get a faggot like you for a son?!" His fist slams into my jaw, breaking it. "Just remember darling and I'll stop!" She says, still not seeing Crystal sneak out the door. She's safe. That's all that matters. Another fist hits my face and burning pain sears through me when the taser is pressed against my skin. "Pick it up, bitch!" He screams, throwing the pieces of broken glass from the cup at me, slicing my skin. A larger piece cuts into my back, definitely creating a future scar. I shouldn't have dropped the cup... daddy is angry. The swirling memories are the last thing I see, along with the echoing words, "You are worthless" I'm beginning to believe they're true.

Jay
Maybe I'll go see Daniel, just to be sure he's safe. The fact that someone is stalking my Daniel makes a knot of fear develop in my throat. I have no clue where he lives though... Suddenly a girl slams into me. "S-sorry!" She says, scrambling up. "Oh! Jay!" She seems relieved at seeing me, but fear soon takes over her features. "Daniel! Both Daniels are in danger! She has them... Little Daniel is unconscious and I'm not sure what's happening to other Daniel but.." Before she can even finish I run to the house she pointed at, my heart beating out of my chest. No, no, no, no! Not my Daniel! I hear it before I see the crappy house, looking like a run down shack. "Just say you remember!" A feminine voice screams, and a groan of pain can be heard. I rip open the door and look in horror at the scene before me. Pictures of Daniel are taped all over the walls, some with a girl taped to the pictures. A bloody Daniel is tied to a chair in a heart of candles, a thin girl with scraggly black hair and a taser is before him. His half open eyes are clouded with pain, but they widen when they see me. "Jay...?" He whispers, his voice faint and thick with grogginess. Rage floods through me, directed at the woman who is now looking at me with beady, malicious eyes. "NO! YOU CANT TAKE MY DARLING! I WILL NOT ALLOW IT!" She rushes at me with surprising speed. Dodging the fist she throws at me, I quickly trip her and kick her in the back. Unable to control myself in the bloodlust, my tight fists pummel her, knocking her out almost immediately. While I wanted to keep beating her like she did to my Daniel, I had more important things to do. "S...stop...jay...." Daniel whispers, bringing my attention to him. I immediately rush to his side, untying his bonds. He falls limp, slumping into my arms. He most likely has broken ribs. As gently as possible, I lift his light body in my arms. With a cry of pain, his eyes roll to the back of his head. Worry digs into my heart but I tell myself he's just resting. Other Daniel wakes up with a start, confused at what he's seeing; me holding a beaten Daniel over the limp form of his stalker. "Jay? Thank goodness you're here!" He says, releasing his tension. Can you walk? I ask with silent words. He nods and gets up just as sirens start. An ambulance takes Daniel to the hospital and I follow on my motor bike.

Daniel lays on the bed, sleeping peacefully despite what had happened. The stalker is off to jail, hopefully never to bother Danny again. I... I don't know what I would do if I lost him. My head rests in my palms as I sit in the chair beside him. I should have been there sooner. I should have protected him better! "J...Jay?" A faint voice says, interrupting my thoughts. Head snapping up, I see a faint smile on Daniels face, his brown eyes on mine. Daniel? Your awake! Thank God! I say silently, surprising us both by hugging him. At first, he seems tense, awkwardly patting me on the back, but soon he melts into it. I feel wet tears dampen my shirt and lift his chin in concern. His watery chocolate eyes refuse to meet mine. "I-I was so scared. S-s-She wouldn't s-stop hitting m-me." He manages to choke out. I can tell that something happened when he was younger, and I have noticed it before. When people would raise their arms to give him a high-five he would always flinch, and loud noises startled him easily. It breaks my heart to think my Danny has an abusive past. "Just... can we stay like this for a while? P-please?" I nod my head and sit in the edge of his bed, enveloping him in my arms. His smell drifts into my nostrils, comforting me. And so, as the day changes to dusk, we hug our problems away, finding refuge in one another's arms.

Well... this sucks. I'm really sorry guys, I've not been very happy lately. The depression is catching up. I'm always tired from the nights I can't sleep, and fear of absolutely nothing is eating me from the inside. I'm gonna shut up about my stupid problems now, but thanks for being patient.