Chapter One

P.S:The Picture above shows how Ariel looks like.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Ariel POV

Pain.Despair.Above all...Rage.
That's all I feel right now as his lips moved. I couldn't make out whatever the hell he said, all I wanted to do was slam his face against the table while I watch him bleed to death. I'm not usually this violent but he made me this way.
"Ariel are you listening to me?" he roared.
I nearly jumped as he tapped my hand roughly, jolting me out of my thoughts. I rubbed where he touched making sure to erase his disgusting fingerprints off my hand. "Sorry what was that?" I asked,my voice void of emotion as I dig in to my food. God! I'm starving.
From the corner of my eyes, I could see him eyeing me contemptuously, he hated been ignored and that's exactly what I've been doing since I came back from Detroit. He adjusted the napkin on his lap and dropped his cutleries.
"I said I'll be leaving for a short trip tomorrow morning and be back the next two days. Hopefully I'll be back before the charity program on Friday. I want you to take care of the preparations.You know what to do," he said then wiped his mouth with a napkin. "And Ariel...don't mess things up for me. I put in a lot of effort for this and a lot of resources too."
I rolled my eyes and wiped my mouth.Typical bastard.
"What was that?" Robert sneered "You know what happens when you don't do what I say," he gave a crooked smile as he rose up and walked behind me leaning closer to my ear, "I always make your life more miserable than it has always been." With that being said he walked away.
My heart clenched in pain as I tried so hard to hold up my face from showing any emotions,I bit my lips as it trembled in fear.This was the exact words he said a year ago, I recalled that day like yesterday. The day my spirit got broken along with my ribs and ankles. All I could never forget was the migraine I felt for weeks after my head was smashed against the wall for defying his words.I have always been physically abused by this monster. I've been in this bondage for five years now and I brought this upon myself. I have nobody in my life right now to call family or even foe,I consider Robert the bastard not as a foe but someone who is not to have existed.
Most times I've never had a reason to move on in life,I tried committing suicide but the bastard has always been just in time to stop me and he ends up saying and I quote,"I'm not yet done with you,Ariel.It has to be an eye for an eye." I always think hard about what I've ever done to him to deserve this and come up with nothing,instead he has made sure to make me stay alive to suffer for what I know nothing of.
I used to have my mom and Michelle my best friend turned sister. I don't even know what my father looks like, I was born from a one-night stand my mom had during her teenage years. Or so she told me.Most times I feel there's more to this story than that.I sensed my mom must have really loved him because of how she reacts when I try to get a word or two out of her regarding memories of him. I stopped after I found out how futile it was and how aloof she looked when he got mentioned.
My mom got disowned by her parents who were deacon and deaconess, strictly believers of their faith who thought her staying would bring shame to their name.They gave her the option of aborting me,well I'm alive so that means she didn't. Her refusals led to her disown,she struggled on her own to raise me and gave me her idea of best of life that she could afford and I couldn't be more grateful for having her as my mother.
I met Michelle in college,she was the complete opposite of me. Easy going,cheerful,an extrovert and very very confident plus extremely beautiful. She is from Italy and has that accent to die for. Most times I wished I was her. Till forever I still wonder what she found in me to ever associate with someone like me;so quiet, timid, introverted and low self esteemed. But I guess it was fate,right? She was always down for me and made me enjoy college a little more because of her cheery mood and other friends she had and I automatically had too.
My heart lurched in pain as painful memories pushed their way forward especially the last day I set my eyes on them. I still remember the pain in her voice and eyes when she tried to convince me and warn me about the treacherous beast,Robert. The agony she felt when I accused her of being jealous of what I had and told her right to her face that our friendship was over. What I had? Then, I thought I had it all, a solid relationship with Robert, it was like I had my life back after I met Robert.He connected me to the best job in town, became my supposed knight in shining armor that swooped me off my feet. He was so good to me that I swallowed every venom he fed me regardless of the red signs I was seeing.
I still recall the heated quarrel with my mom and till today the scene still gnaws at me, baring gnashing teeth at me. I feel so numb when I remember how I cut off my relationship with her thinking it was the right thing to do, all the while I had a huge support from Robert. I still remember his daunting words as he said, " It is time to decide who's worth being in your life and who's not" if I had read deep into those words I wouldn't be in this mess now.
I'm the only one who can bring me out of this,nobody would! My trip to Detroit where I went on a vacation,made me reason deeply about this whole thing and my plan is already on motion.I smirked as the rush of adrenaline went through my system,mentally patting myself for a job well done at Detroit. I doubt Robert will be ready for what's about to hit him.

🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋🦋
Please I'm open to corrections but be nice ,I'm only human 🥺
Pls read on i promise you this is not one of those cliche or boring stories.It's genuinely different,with a lot of toe-curling moments.

Peace ✌️ and light 💡 Jariels (Jason + Ariel)