Prologue

"You're a faggot!" He and the rest of the school's cross-country running team chanted. 

Pain. 

It rushed through Niall's heart and took over every cell in his poor brain. I guess that's why his last name rhymes with it. Stupid homophones ... and homophobes.

"I ... I-" 

"Faggot!" They all laughed, throwing plastic cups and pretzels at him. He slung his book bag over his pale little shoulder and ran. His mind wasn't sure where it was going, but at this moment in time, his legs had a mind of their own. He banged on the familiar chestnut colored door, and almost immediately it swung open, as if he already knew he was coming. 

"They chanted it again, didn't they?" His sweet Cheshire accent filled the room. 

Niall couldn't speak. He was afraid he'll choke on the little bit of air he felt fill his lungs. All he did was collapse to the floor and bawl. 

"Niall, stop crying." He cooed, pulling the crystal eyed fortune into his arms, rubbing his back and rocking back and forth. 

"Hazza, I found the- Niall? What happened?" The Doncaster boy screeched, sitting next to his boyfriend, Harry, and Niall. 

"T-they won't st-stop." He managed to say, continuing to cry. 

"Babe, everything will be okay." 

"No it won't, Louis! Nothing will ever be okay! Nobody likes me!" 

"We love you. Zayn loves you. Your family loves you. Ni, do you want to spend the weekend with us? I'll be more than happy if you do." Harry comforted him, kissing his temple while continuing to sway back and forth. 

"I don't want to ruin your plans." Niall whispered, his sobs slowing down. 

"Plans? What plans? Harry here is too cheap to take me out on a date!" Louis fake cried, earning a chuckle from Niall and an eye roll from his boyfriend. 

"True ... maybe that's good though! We can have a sleepover!" Harry squealed like a five-year old girl. Niall laughed, a laugh that sounded like beautiful chimes. 

"And don't forget, Coral loves you, too." Louis reminded the Irish lad. 

"Yeah ..." He trailed off in thought of his close friend Coral. "Anyway, maybe we can head to my house to get some clothes?" He asked, earning a smile from Louis and Harry, and a kiss on both cheeks from each of them. 

"Sure thing, mate." Louis grinned, as Niall got up to collect his books that were scattered all over the floor from throwing his book bag when he ran in. He smiled to himself as he listened to Harry and Louis "argue" over who was going to drive. Harry was right. People did love him. But the one he loved hated him more than anything. 

His bully.

Liam Payne.