Chapter 3

MADDIES POV
I stared in disbelief at my reflection. Wings sprouted out of my back. I looked behind me. No wings. "Huh." "MADDIEEEE COME DOWN HEREEEE!" My mother called down. I grunted, and grabbed my phone. As I went down the stairs, I stared at the pictures of Kenz on the wall. I slid into one of the high chairs my mother had at the kitchen island. "We're going to get you the new phone." My mother said. Which was strange, because usually she made me buy everything with my money. "I know losing Kenz has been hard so this is a "'imsorryyoulosthergift.'" I rolled my eyes. The newest phone was the x. I was fine with my 8, but whatever.

AT THE APPLE STORE // MADDIES POV
I stood in front of the phone display. The black one caught my eyes. I pointed at it and told my mom softly "This one." She nodded. She went to go get someone so she can pay. "Go throughout the mall and try and find a case you like." My mothers tone was "you can have what case you want but you're paying." I walked out. I started walking around the mall and weaving in and out of stores. I walked into "CasesRUs" and I found it.

 I walked into "CasesRUs" and I found it

It was really cheap. So I bought it. As soon as I bought it I walked back to the apple store. I popped into another store on the way back and bought a screen protector. As soon as I got back to the apple store, my mom was done. I grabbed the phone from her hands. "Would you like to get Starbucks? I'll pay." My mom said softly. I nodded. We walked downstairs to Starbucks. I ordered a ultra caramel frappe, and my mom ordered the triple chocolate frappe. After we got our drinks, we sat at a table and I took my phone out. I set it up and all that jazz and I put it in the case. I took a sip of my drink. "Maddie. I wanna know what happened in your room earlier. I called you 5 times." My stomach dropped. "F-five?" My mom nodded. "I-I.." I shook my head. "I'm sorry. I was trying to see if Kenzie would pick up." Melissa nodded sadly. "Come on, Mad." She said. We started walking towards the parking lot. When we got to the car, I swear to god I saw Kenzie in the back. But she wasn't there. I got in the car and started crying. "Maddie. She's gone." My mom said firmly. She started speeding. My eyes went huge. "MOM SLOW DOWN." She wizzed past people, blew lights. "MOM SLOW DOWN PLEASE," We almost hit a pole. "MELISSA GISONI!!!!!" I cried.
Then we crashed into a stop sign.