Part 5

Deborah wore her full blonde hair in trendy pigtails, held together by silver hair ties. Her boyfriend's Letterman jacket rested on her tanned arms, with her foundation barely matching her  newly tanned skin. Deborah, like Marcia, was also wearing a pair of pointed, white flats. Deborah gave me a hesitant smile before she began talking in an exceedingly high pitched and peppy voice. "Hey Alda! What's up, girl?" I responded with a sarcastic smile. Deborah continued speaking anyways, "Hey Marcia! How you doin' girl?" Marcia's deep tone rose two octaves. I was not surprised.  "Hey Deborah! I haven't seen you all day!" Deborah's facial countenance instantly changed. Marcia gulped in fear. Deborah bent down and began to whisper in Marcia's ear, but audible enough for me to hear, "Cut the crap, Marcia. Since when did you think it okay to fall off the juice cleanse. Gah! It's like you're just as fat as the day we started. After high school, if you want to gain sixty pounds and become morbidly obese, be my guest. But listen closely. So long as your are on our cheer squad. Sorry, MY cheer squad, you'll lose the weight, with out any complaints. Got it, Marcia?" Deborah said, admonishing her in a formidable tone. Marcia's fingernails dug into her palm while her legs were wobbling uncontrollably. Marcia shakily opened her mouth to say, "Ye-yes, I-I do. I do." Marcia stared at the floor, ashamed. She couldn't bring herself to look at Deborah. Meanwhile, Deborah, who had inspired a tremendous amount of fear, refused to take her eyes off of Marcia. Finally, the ignominious monster left.