Chapter 1: Only the beginning

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!

Well.. that's my wake up call for ya.

I tumble out of bed, trying to figure out how to get out of my bed sheets. As I slowly stand up, I turn off my alarm that was set on my phone. It was currently 7:30 am, and I had a plane to catch.

Woah woah woah, I almost forgot! I should probably introduce myself before we start 😉

My name is Lindsay Miller, and I'm 17 years old. I live in an apartment with my best friend, Molly, and her mom. My parents died in a plane crash when I was 3 years old, so her parents ended up adopting me. I usually never talk about it, because I try my best not to let that define who I am as a person.

It's always been me, Molly, and my other best friend Alison. Molly is still 16, and so is Alli. We live in southern Minnesota, it's about a 45 minute drive to get to our school. Right now it's currently winter, so there's literally mountains of snow covering the sides of the roads.

I'm kind of a quiet girl in school, I'm just trying to get my diploma then I'm outta there. It's not that I don't like school- it's just that I don't like the people that go there.

I'm actually a bookworm. Don't judge me as some sort of typical nerd, but I honestly love to read. It's all about finding the right book. I also have a love for Instagram so that gives me a boost too. 😉

Molly, Alison, and I are going to fly down to Phoenix Arizona to visit my oldest sister and her new family. I have two nephews and a newborn niece. Her husband is a nice guy, he's a really funny person.

Anywaysssssss.....
Back to the story!

Me and Molly were now waiting at Alison's house. She takes forever to get her suitcase in the back and to get in the car. We start driving to the airport which is a 25 minute drive. Once we get there, we go through the airport security and get to Starbucks.

I ordered a Caramel Frappe, because that's what I always get. Alison got a Pumpkin Spice Latte, and Molly got a Strawberry Açaí Lemonade. We start over to our gate, and sit down next to the big window that shows all of the planes.

"Oh gosh, guys I'm not feeling this.." I say, starting to get nervous by seeing all of the planes. Did I mention I'm terrified of planes? I guess you can tell why already, but I've never properly gotten over my parents death.

"Oh come on, Linds! We'll be together, it'll be okay. I promise." Molly said, rubbing my shoulder reassuringly. They called our flight name and which section was boarding, and that's us. First class.

The reason we did first class was because I wanted to be completely sure I won't die. We got on the plane and sit down. Molly and Alison sit together behind me, because those were the closest seats available.

I go to the seat I'm assigned to, and open the window. Oh boy. I turned around to talk to Molly and Alison for awhile.

That was until he came.

And little did I know....

My life was about to change.