I

It's Saturday at 4:23 in the morning. It's time to leave.  I don't know why my dad insisted on leaving at a specific time but now in days i don't even know half what's going on in his head.

we're going to live with one of my dads friends since we can't afford to live here anymore. My dad can barley find a job that could support us  and it's a small town so not much of opportunities.

When i found out a couple of weeks ago, i was surprised. I didn't think my dad would have the courage to leave this after what happened.

It started ten months ago when my mom got in a car accident and you know the rest.

My dad is grieving and he still is. I can see the way he avoids making eye contact with me for how similar I look like my mom. I can barley look at myself too.

I was in baseball practice that day, and when i heard the news I stayed unnaturally calm. I felt nothing and people kept giving me weird looks.

But it wasn't till then I saw my mother's body in the casket slowly going down six feet under when realization hit me how she really was gone.

I broke down that day and if they weren't giving me weird looks they were now. Some were sympathetic and some were pity and others looked like they wanted to hug me and say how sorry they are but they knew it'd just make it worse.

So if life wasn't great enough, i got kicked off the football, baseball, and basketball team for the lack of absences and the failing grades i've gotten and my father just got laid off.

it wasn't really a great year.

Now we're heading towards another city hours away from here. My dads friend has a little son and a daughter.

So when my dad told me i had to share a room with his friends son i was pretty okay with it because he's little and how bad could it be to live with a seven year old?

But then I realized when he said "little" he meant "seventeen" not "seven". On the other hand his sister is actually six so that's cool.

And now i'm just thinking what if he's a bully? what if he has dirty underwear lying on the floor? what if he just doesn't like me whatsoever?

I sighed as I roam my hand through my face downwards.

"You okay there, Jeremy?" My dad said as he put his keys through the ignition and turned on the car.

"yeah, i'm just a bit tired. After all it's four in the morning on a saturday night."

He nodded in a understanding way and told me to get in the car as we're leaving already.

As I got inside the car, i put on my seatbelt and laid my head on my seat and closed my eyes with earphones playing soft music.

It wasn't long till slumber took over me and left me in a empty dream.

***

When i woke up i was surprised to see we were here already. I looked at the time and it was 10:48.

I didn't think i could sleep that long.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes as i tried to get my vision back and yawned through my hands and to my surprise i felt really sleepy.

I felt like I only had 5 minutes of sleep.

if it weren't for my dad shaking my arms to get up and get my bags, i would've dozed off already.

I got off the car and stretched my arms and legs and when I was semi satisfied i looked up at the house in front of me.

It wasn't too big but it wasn't small either.

Again i roamed my hand through my face as i looked back and saw all the bags i had to bring inside. Just the thought of going back and forth just made it dreadful.

"Do you need help?" A small voice came from behind me and I turned to see a little girl with two pig tails that just made her really adorable and with that i gave her a small warm smile.

she must me Jocelyn.

"It's okay. I feel like these are two heavy for you and I don't want you to break your back."

"Not from me silly." she giggled and then pointed to her right and that's when I saw him.

He had dark brown hair with colored eyes that  I couldn't  see as the sun was hitting right on my face.

I roamed my eyes all over his body but i didn't notice he was looking at me till i saw the smirk plastered on his face.

He looked breath taking.

"Oh." was all I said.

"You can help him right, Nate?" The little girl Jocelyn asked.

"yeah, definitely. Do you need help?" Nate asked as he never left his eyes off of mine.

I felt heat creep up neck through my cheeks and just hoped he couldn't see it.

"um yeah, if you don't mind." I said nervously as i felt my palms starting to get sweaty as he kept his eyes on me.

"Well I didn't come outside for nothing, now did I?" He said with the same similar smirk.

I didn't know what to say so i just nodded and started to bring my bags and boxes inside while he lead the way as well as holding some of my stuff.

As we finished we both laid on our own beds breathing calmly on different rhythms and every now and then i'd start yawning.

"Just go to sleep already, clearly you're tired."

"It's really bright in this room. I can't fall asleep unless it's dark."

It was quite for awhile till i heard him get off the bed and i heard a little flicking sound and in an  instant the room was dark.

"I'm gonna watch a movie down stairs while you sleep. I'll call you when there's food, yeah?"

"Thanks."  I said looking up at him with a small smile.

With that he nodded and left with an empty dark room as slumber took over once again.