100 Days of Happiness

2014

Day 1: May 21

It's 11:14 PM. I'm lying in bed with the lights off, the windows open, and the house quiet. All I can hear is the sound of the wind, and my dogs barking their way through the night. Today has been the first day of my summer vacation, and it has been exceptional.

Day 2: May 24

Let's relive a moment of this day: Sitting around under the sky of evening turned night with four people I am beginning to enjoy, catching fireflies, and throwing rocks. Then, hours later: talking to other people that I am beginning to enjoy in a different way, done with lucid happiness and a certain type of peace. May 24th was a new experience, and an infinite one.

Day Three: late May 26 into May 27

This was a good night for reasons I cannot explain well. That feeling of being unsure about someone, and that insecurity actually making it better? That's what this was.

Day Four: June 3

Today was my first day of band camp, and let me tell you, I was terrified. Last year, I hardly made any friends and was exhausted, it being even slightly overlapped with a trip that I got no sleep at. So, I missed the first day and it sucked. This year- this day- came and I was scared for what I would seat and scared I would be alone for a week. I need not have worried, though. I chaired 17/40- 2nd chair of the 2nd clarinets- and have met so many people to spend the week with. I'm happy, bubbly, bright, and I have the whole week to go. This is infinite.

Day Five: June 4

Today has been a fine continuation of yesterday. I'm totes infatuated with my clarinet instructor because he's still in college and cute. And like fun and stuff.

I also met even more people.

For some reason it was really satisfying to be strutting around the KSU campus with a popular girl from my school there, I mean I actually like her but we don't talk and yeah I don't know. Forget that :3

I used a woodwind pickup line on a cute guy. Jokingly, and he jokingly winked back and suggested something, but yeah he was cute in spite of it being a joke.

All the directors are fantastic and besides that my clarinet will not play well for the life of it, I'm happy.

I lost my dining card, and whenever anyone loses anything at band camp, the girls have to sing "I'm a little tea pot" while dancing to the motions. So yeah, last year frightened me transformed now into the girl who bravely sings off pitch to over a hundred people.

Another good day.

Day Six: June 5

I can't believe I'm continuing on with this band camp streak. After a glorious and gruelingly long day of playing and walking in the rain across the entire campus, we went across the street to a Holiday Inn- those poor guests! We partied for over two hours and while it should have been the most generic of dances, it was fantastic! The people there are so friendly and cool, it suddenly doesn't matter that popular dumb songs are being played. It was great!

Day Seven: June 6

Today was the last full day of band camp. We walked over 1.5 miles to get to the Manhattan City Auditorium, it was crazy! The sectionals concert was a freaking blast because I walked back with like five of my crazy band camp friends. My mommy came but left soon when we got surrounded by my friends :3.

Day Eight: June 17

I went to see The Fault In Our Stars with four other people this day. The day, and the hours spent with said people, were not what I expected, but entirely what I enjoyed. I was watching The Fault In Our Stars, and had a sentimental moment of affection for everyone I was with.