Chapter 1

A/N: I haven't read or watched Naruto in a LONG time, so please forgive me if it's inaccurate! Enjoy!

---

He threw the body onto the desk, making the paper stack at the end topple over and slide to the floor.

The man behind it sighed, racking a pale hand through his brown hair. He looked at the papers scattered all across the ground and then at the man who had thrown the body so carelessly onto his desk.

"Sasuke, do you always have toss them onto the desk like that?" He asked, slightly irritated, the chair scraping against the wooden floor as he stood up, grabbing the man on the table by his shoulder and turning him around. He inspected the bodies’ face, grabbing his jaw and tilting his head from side to side. "This is the third one this week, you are getting really lucky. The state he is in though, I'm assuming he wasn't cooperating very much?"

Sasuke tossed a crumpled piece of paper onto the body, it was covered in dried blood. The man grabbed it, unfolding it swiftly. He quickly skimmed the paper, then looked back at the man. He let go of his jaw, looking down at his own now in blood covered hand in disgust.

"Yup, that's him, Ren Akira, wanted; dead or alive for murder and theft. 900,000 Yen." The brown haired man sighed, grabbing a cloth from his desk, wiping his blood smeared hand with it before tossing it into the trashcan. "He's alive too, from the looks of it, what an unlucky bastard, but with you delivering him, that’s not a surprise, is it?"

The Uchiha shrugged as the man gave him a questioning look. "He was begging for mercy. Who am I to strike down a desperate man, even after what he did."

"How honourable of you, Sasuke." The man mocked, before sitting back down in his chair. "What a pain in the ass, every time you drag someone along who is still alive and breathing, I still have to go through all the extra hassle of making sure they get a fair trial. Even though I wouldn't mind killing them off just now, they have a bounty for a reason, rotten pigs."

He watched Sasuke intently waiting for a response, when none came he abruptly leaned back in his chair." I can not pay you fully- at least not today. Only half of the sum, I'll have to get this asshole to the authorities first and get paid myself. Then I'll pay you." He said quickly, smacking the body with the back of his hand.

"No." Was all that Sasuke said.

The man blinked a couple of times, taken aback by that statement. "No?" He asked.

"I want to get paid now, Takashi."

Takashi opened his mouth taking a few seconds to respond, he licked his lips, quickly racking his fingers through his hair. "Look, Sasuke, come on, I never ask this of you. I always pay you on time, you know that, you just have been here the past three days and bringing me these guys. I first have to get rid of them and get the sum of money, it takes a while, you know that right? You're not the only one that comes in here, demanding money from me." He explained.

"Takashi, I really need that money." Sasuke said, he hesitated a few seconds, before continuing, "I'm planning to leave. Tonight."

Takashi halted and then leaned forwards, placing his hands flat on his desk. "What?! Where?!" He asked sounding almost demanding, words tumbling out of his mouth. "Are you in trouble?"

Sasuke shook his head. "No, I'm not in any trouble. It's just... I got a letter from, Naruto, he invited me to his wedding. It's been two years since I saw them, almost three, I think... it's time to go back."