Chapter 1

Weiss's POV

A new start at a new place, amazing, right? Well, in all honesty, I'm so fucking terrified. I'm literally freaking out because I know no one here, except Yang—she's my best friend. We've known each other since the first grade, back when some kid in our class was being an ass to me, and Yang ended up punching him in the face. Since then, we've just been friends, inseparable. Yang and I are heading to Beacon Academy in Texas. It sucks because we won't be roommates; sure, she'll be just a room away from me, but still, I don't even know who my roommate will be.

A part of me, though, is relieved that I've escaped high school. It was so bad; I dreaded going there. Even thinking about that hellhole gives me nightmares. Yeah, it wasn't all terrible, since I had my dad and my girlfriend, Neo, by my side. Of course, Yang was there with me as well. Even though it's just Yang and me going to Beacon, I'm really going to miss my dad and Neo a lot.

Arriving in Texas

Yang and I just got off the plane in Houston, Texas. In about 4 hours, we're going to Beacon Academy. "Geez, I really need more time to process that and, like, not pass out," I thought to myself. Before I could continue thinking, Yang snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Aren't you excited to go to college?" she asked, excitement evident in her voice.

I didn't really know what to say because part of me was like, hell no, but the other part was like, hell yeah, I am. So I didn't say anything.

"Weiss, you can't always freak out about things like this," Yang said to me in a sympathetic way.

"I know... but I can't help it. Like, what if my new roommate doesn't like me, or what if I do badly in college, or what if everyone hates me there, or what if—" but Yang cut me off.

"No, just stop. Don't think about it that way. You shouldn't always think in such a negative way. Think in a positive way. Not everything is going to be bad or terrible. For all we know, you might fall for your roommate," she said mischievously.

"Shut up," I said, shoving her as we walked towards her car. "I have a girlfriend already."

"Yeah, that's way too problematic," Yang said. "She literally blames you for every problem that comes up in your two relationships."

"No, she doesn't. She's just... very... protective. She cares a lot about our relationship," I said defensively.

"Protect my ass," Yang laughed. "So, you say she's protective when that one time she threatened to shave some chick's hair because you were helping pick up their books that they had dropped?"

"Okay... but other than that, she's protective and an amazing girlfriend that I love," I said.

We got into Yang's car, and we started on our 4-hour drive to the campus. "Are you serious, Weiss? What do you even see in her? When you two started dating, she even tried to start a fight with me because she thought I was flirting with you."

"Okay, jeez, I get it. Neo's not a perfect girlfriend, but come on, everyone gets like that sometimes," I said, turning on the radio.

Yang turned off the radio, saying, "Ha! But not like Neo. I swear, sometimes she can be the devil, no joke."

"Can we talk about something else besides my relationship?" I asked, starting to get irritated.

"Fine, but all I'm saying is that you deserve better," Yang said.

I rolled my eyes, turning back on the radio. "Do I deserve better?" I began thinking as I started to drift to sleep.

Three Hours Later

"AHHHH!" I woke up automatically, thinking I might have pissed my pants due to hearing someone screaming. "What the fuck?" I said, looking over to Yang, who was laughing uncontrollably.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE!" Yang said, still laughing as I started to get pissed off.

"Oh, shut up," I said. "Why did you even wake me up?"

"Because you were starting to drool on MY seat in MY car," she stated.

I began wiping my face, as indeed, I was drooling a lot. "Sorry," I mumbled.

"Huh, what did you say? I can't hear you," Yang said with that stupid fucking grin of hers. I knew what she was trying to do; she wanted me to apologize to her.

I huffed. "I said I'm sorry," I said, knowing that she did deserve an apology.

"For what exactly?" Yang asked. Was she serious right now?

"For drooling on YOUR seat in YOUR car," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Apology accepted," she said with a grin.

"I hate you," I said in annoyance.

"You love me," she started to sing. I just smiled.

"How long do we have until we arrive at the campus?" I asked.

"Probably about an hour until we get there," she stated.

"Ugh, I don't know anymore," I said. "I'm so nervous."

"Well, you shouldn't be. Remember, think positive. And if something happens, then call me. I'm only a room away from yours, and I'll be there if you need me," she said.

"Thanks, Yang," I said, thinking maybe this won't be too bad after all.

"Anytime," she said, smiling.

In the time we had left to spare, we just turned on the radio and started singing out all the lyrics to the songs that came on. Then finally, after all the singing, we started pulling up to the campus. Right when we pulled in, there was a big sign that read "Beacon Academy." The campus was actually not what I had imagined; it was way bigger, with so many beautiful things to it. There was a fountain, an area surrounded by plants and flowers, a track field... just so many things. I just stared at it in awe.

We were now parked in the lot, about to go check in and go to our dorms. We got our suitcases out and started to walk to the big building. As we entered, there were other new students as well. We finally got checked in, and now we were on our way to our dorms. Yang had already gone into her dorm, greeting her new roommate. I didn't know her name yet, but she had black hair with amber-colored eyes. As I was about to leave Yang and go to my dorm, she said, "Good luck, and please don't pass out, or I'll be running down the hall to your dorm like a maniac," she said with a small laugh.

"Thanks, Yang, and I promise I won't pass out," I said with a small laugh, and we gave each other a hug before I left.

She then closed the door to her dorm, and now I was standing alone in the hallway. I walked to my dorm, which was only about four dorms away from Yang's. Before I knocked, I took a couple of deep breaths to calm my nerves and gave myself a pep talk. "Okay, Weiss, you got this. Just act cool and don't freak out. Just think positive; hell, my roommate might be the nicest person in the world, and I'm freaking out over nothing." I then knocked on the door, preparing myself for who this person will be.

Here goes nothing.