CAN WE BE FRIENDS?

A breath of fresh air welcomes Aimee as she wakes up in her little vacation house by the bay. With her robe on, she walked to the veranda and inhaled deeply the warm breeze of the atmosphere. She smiles... It's like she's starting a new life, a life which is by far, the best life she would ever consider. She was exposed in an early working life, she was used to stressing out by the time she wakes up but this time, she feels so relaxed. She has entrusted her company to her assistant, Valerie Kerr. She saw herself in Valerie, her determination, her discipline and her optimism. She is complacent that she can handle everything so here she is, leaving them all behind and just minding her own happiness and serenity.

She stretches out her limbs and muscles as the rays of the sun strikes her. She took a deep breath again and listens to the waves of the ocean. Suddenly, she heard a piano sound and she recognized the music that's being played on it, it's Alone Again Naturally by Gilbert O'Sullivan. She deeply listens as she starts to sing out the words.

In a little while from now
If I'm not feeling any less sour
I promised myself to treat myself
And visit a nearby tower

She sits and remembered the woman who was about to jump off from her building.

-

She thought deeply and finally recalled the woman's familiar face... "She is Mia Summer," she whispers her name as confused as she is. "So, she is still alive." A smile then escaped from her lips. "She is alive."

Aimee has a book collection of inspirational books and one of her favorites is written by Mia titled What Am I to the World? The content was full of hopes and dreams so Aimee began thinking, why an author who was able to write like that is now filled with desperation to meet with death? What happened to Mia Summer? She never researched about her but now she is so curious.

Alone again, naturally...

The piano playing ended with an obvious slow and sad tempo. Aimee then heard an opening of a door and she looked at her right... at the veranda next to her house, she finds a woman in her pajama with her messy brunette hair...

The back of the woman is quite familiar to her and when the woman faced her direction, she recognized her...

"Mia Summer?" she helplessly muttered surprised.

She found Mia looking at her with her narrowed eyes and after a bit, she knew, the author recognized her. Mia widely furrowed her eyes at Aimee...

"Hi?" Aimee greeted smiling unsurely. Mia glared at her and she quickly returned inside her house, locking her veranda door.

"Is she following me?" Mia asked confused and annoyed.

Meanwhile, Aimee is still surprised that their paths crossed again. Then she began to research about Mia and found out about what happened to her family.

She felt lonely for her and even pitied her upon remembering that Summer is thinking about suicide. She then got her pen and an untouched journal... She wrote on the first page, Aim Mia...

-

Mia Summer is still bothered by the woman living next to her house. She was lying on her bed thinking about her when she heard a loud voice calling out her name from the outside. She knows, it is the woman from the other day who ruined her plan to end her life.

"Mia Summer! I am a fan! Can you sign my book? I mean your book that I bought, can you sign it? Please! Mia Summer!" Aimee kept on repeating her loud request. Her voice was so loud that even the street passers look up to her confused and pretty annoyed by her repeated calling but she doesn't care. Whenever she wants something, she will never stop until she got that something. This is Project Aim Mia and she wanted to make her believe that life is worth living.