Love With a Wrong Number Chapter 6

Tania’s Birthday *Blast*

She handed me my phone and left. I had no clue what I am going to do now. I received a text from him for which I replied back being Tania. “Still confused if it’s Samy or Tania?” And within a few minutes of this reply I got a call from RJ who was shouting on me for still talking to him. I couldn’t understand why she is shouting on me.

”You don’t get it do you? You showed me the real you! When I said it’s over you are still talking to him? It seems like you are enjoying the flirting. Do what you want but don’t call me ever!”

I got another shock hearing all this. I was so confused because I had no idea what was happening. On the other side Rishabh also accused me for doing this to him. My life will take such a turn in few minutes I had never thought that even in my wildest dreams. On one side I was losing my first love and on the other side my best friend left me who meant the world to me. I got back to my room and sat there silently thinking what just happened with me. I couldn’t help but cry.

All the time spent with Rishabh was coming in front of me in flashes. A few days back on September 13, his birthday while talking on the phone I asked him, “So birthday boy, what gift do you want from me?”

”I want you.”

I was surprised to hear that, “What?” 

“I mean I want to see you. I am not forcing you but you also know that we haven’t seen each other till now so if possible and if you are okay with it then mail me your pics, it’d be a great birthday gift for me to see my sweetcake.”

I texted RJ and told her what he is asking for. She asked me to come over to her place and she’ll click some good pictures of me and then we’ll send it to him. So as per the plan I went to her place, got some good pictures clicked (which when I look now I find them horrible) and we mailed them to him. 

“Thank you so much for the lovely gift. You actually are a sweetcake. You are so cute and sweet.”

Remembering all this made me cry more but now there was nothing I could do! I and Rishabh shared the same birthday month and after next two days it was my birthday. My birthday was already ruined for my best friend left me and he would also not be there for me!

I tried talking to RJ, but she didn’t answer my calls. The next day we met on tuition but she ignored me. I couldn’t bear it and I came out of the class early. But I didn’t leave. I stayed there outside my tuition waiting for her with a hope that she would listen to me. After few minutes she came out and watching me waiting there she didn’t leave at once. She stayed but we didn’t say anything for the first few minutes. I couldn’t take her ignorance and I bursted out in tears. Watching me cry her heart melted because no matter how hard and egoistic she could be for others but when it comes to me she’s a sweetheart. Only I know how wonderful a person she is. She came to me and hugged me and said, “It’s ok, forget it now. We played with him, so he tried ruining our friendship! When I got back home he texted me that my best friend is still talking to him so I felt bad and shouted on you.” I explained to her that he messaged me for which I replied that. “He doesn’t know Tania that what he has gotten himself into! We’ll make that dog fall for you because I can sense something and then you will break his heart. He called me a bitch, now I will become one and will make him regret this.”

I was ready to do anything to save my friendship. After hearing what he said to RJ even I got frustrated and wanted him to teach a lesson but breaking his heart was something that was bothering me. Still for what he did to us I was ready to do that to him. So as per the plan I continued talking to Rishabh. We were expecting his call that midnight as it was my birthday tomorrow but to my surprise I received so many calls but not his! Though he sent me a morning text like always the very next morning but didn’t wish me! I was pissed but even I didn’t say anything. While we were chatting, around eleven in the morning he called me and when I picked he was like, “I am so sorry Tania. I am a jerk, I thought its 29 today but when I saw the paper I got to know its 30th! Happy birthday my sweetcake!”

After a sweet little conversation we again started our chatting and to my surprise he proposed me. *I never thought that I would meet a girl like you. Though you were Samaira first and now Tania but my feelings for my special friend are still the same. So, on my knees I would like to ask you, would you like to hold my hand for the rest of our lives?* I was so happy for a moment but then I realized that this could be his game too but as I was playing my game so I said yes!

I had a lunch party planned for my friends so I went to RJ’s place as we were supposed to go together. There I told her what happened in the morning for which she said that now it’s the right time to pay him back his shit. She asked me to call him up and reveal the truth to him that I don’t feel anything for him and this was something tit for tat. It was hard for me to do that but I had to do it! For RJ, for myself and for our friendship.

So gathering the courage I called him up.

-To Be Continued-