Fresh Start

So, my names Jen. And for five years I’ve been bullied. Yeah, five years is a very long time isn’t it? Especially when you’re only 15 years old and the only touch of reality you seem to be able to grasp is when you are lay in bed at night, forever waiting for your eyes to close slowly and you’ll drift into this beautiful sleep. That doesn’t happen. Well, not for Jen anyway.

But, Im having a fresh start, I’m moving from the north west of England to the North East and starting a fresh. I call myself Jen as an informal nickname of Jennifer, but that’s going to change. Im going to be Jennifer Popadopalus. (excuse my embarrassment of a surname, I DID NOT choose it). Its time to get away from the pain and the sheer embarrassment and disgust I encountered in Manchester. I never want to remember what happened there, ever again.

So its my first day at my new school (the joys) and im SO ridiculously bored. Everyone is so…different. I can feel their eyes watching me already, is it strange that im terrified? No, of course not. It’s a new school, new people. And do you want to know what the worst part is? There is no uniform. So if being judged on my unfortunate facial structure and appearance wasn’t enough, there was my fashion sense. Which basically, if im 110% honest with you…is non-existent.

I have red hair, no, not coloured red either. Red ginger, it is so bright, im pretty sure it could blind you if you get too close. I have very prominent cheek bones and quite a prominent jaw line, along with my rather large array of freckles that smother my face. And then I have these bright blue eyes, which stand out almost as much as my hair.

These corridors don’t seem to end, did I mention this is a boarding school? I thought not. It’s both boy and girl, so this should be interesting.

The place looks so beautiful and elegant, I don’t think my black skinny jeans and my hoodie really go with the place…but we’ll see.

My home room is beyond beautiful, its ivory with such beautiful ornaments.

“JEN?! OMG ARE YOU FOR REAL”

No, no no no no no no no.

Not here I needed a fresh start here.

Why?! Why did Casey Nesbitt HAVE to be best friends with my home room buddy. I cant cope with this.

“Hi, Casey…”

“BABE, its been forever! Summer seems like so long! How are you?”

She’s being so nice…I don’t understand…WAIT, Casey wasn’t here this summer…Casey,

Casey doesn’t know what happened!