A goodbye for life

"Do you really have to go?" Said Caleb.

"Dance with me." I said calmly sitting on couch, trying to find our favorite song.

"Elly please don't do this. Why are you leaving everything behind? For what? an adventure?"

"I didn't ask you to speak."

"I will until the end, if it can make you stay I will and you know that."

"Dance with me."

"Listen to me Elly .."

"If you keep talking I am leaving now."

Caleb sighed, he couldn't win this argument.

"Okay let's dance."

"Good Boy."

She plays "All I need" by Within Temptation. Caleb takes her hand, she stands up they dance in front of the fireplace.
"don't tear me down for all I need." The lyrics go by. All Caleb could do was to stare into her eyes get a good look of her because he didn't know if she would return or if she would care enough to return to him. He wanted to break this stinging silence. This stung more than when Elly used pepper spray on him thinking that he was a stalker.

He knew he couldn't break this silence. But Elly finally did.

" Listen Caleb I am not getting any kicks out of this. I need to literally die for this shit and you need to preserve my body. It's fucking morbid to even think of my fling boy preserving my half dead body because I am crossing over to the other side."

"It wasn't a fling for me Elly. I love you, you need to trust me. I love you with all my soul."

" You just wanted to fuck around with me Caleb don't fucking lie. That's how it started."

" But you changed me Elly."

" Jeez you sound like Noah from The Notebook., Listen bro,dude, fling boy this is real life not a fairy fiction land where true love exists."

" Trust me Elly I do love you. You can lead a normal life with me. You can take that ad agent job, thats how it's supposed to be. You will be happy Elly."

"Listen Caleb I am not supposed to do anything, this is my life I own my life,not you."

"But he does."

" He has nothing to do with this. This is my decision. Besides I know when I leave after about a month you will start fucking around again. If there is anything ideal for you and me it's this."

"No Elly. "

"What no? Are you seriously kidding right now? What are you trying to say that you would wait for me for however long it takes?"

"If that is what it takes to make you believe that I love you then I will."

"Caleb Foregrand you can't wait for me forever."

"I will Elly watch me." Caleb said with a sense of authority in his voice.

"Even if you can. I don't want you to." Elly said looking at him with a sense of authority. A part of him knew that she owned him.

"I want you, that's all I know."

"You know what I will ask Sofie to preserve me."

"No I'll do that. I signed up for it. Besides you can't out them to more than one person. I literally have a gun on my head if I tell about them anywhere they will kill me."

" And I hate that you went behind my back and signed up for it. What were u smoking?"

"I love you Elly. I can do anything for you."

"Don't give me that BS. I asked you one thing which you couldn't give me. I asked you not to cheat on me as long as I am with you. But you did."

"I just got carried away. Tracy was very manipulative."

"Oh please an 8th grader can see through her parlour tricks and as far as I remember you are 26."

Caleb was silent again, he remember how broken Elly was but now the Elly in front of him was someone else it was as if she could control each and everything, her thoughts, her emotions and even his.