chapter one

Chapter one

She lies on the bed curled in a ball. Tears are running down her face as she buries it into her bear. She stares to the corner of the room as she cries at her heart shattered on the floor. Broken by love for it is a horrible and evil thing. I want to reach for her and tell her she matters and that I'm there for her but I'm slowly getting farther from her. The more I try to get to her the quicker I'm yanked away. "Nico" I hear. "Nico! Wake up!" Startled, I'm completely torn from her as my mother rips me away.

"You need to get up. It's already noon." Noon! I quickly scurry out of bed afraid of what could have happened as I slept. I reach for my phone but am swatted with the already twisted shirt. "Don't even think about it mister" my mother says to me as she snatched my phone from my messy dresser. "You'll get this back once your room is spotless" she says as she shakes the phone at me.

I sigh and plop back down on my bed. I can taste the bitterness in my mouth and gag. As I walk to my bathroom I stop in front of the mirror. My naturally black hair is horribly tossed and my eyes look sunken in from the horrible night's sleep.

As I shuffled out into my room after doing the necessities I quickly scanned the area. It was a train wreck. My clothes (a mixture of clean and dirty) littered the floor and all furniture obscuring all signs of someone possibly living in the room. I walked over to my bed to begin the process by making my bed when a grumbling sound froze me mid-step. It was almost noon and I hadn't eaten.

.......

An hour later after eating a jumbo bowl of chocolate rice krispies, I slowly shuffled back to my room. Somehow it had managed to become more of a disaster area.

.......

Two hours passed and the room was spotless. "Mom!" I call. "Mom! Come here real quick!" As I put the last of my clothes in the hamper my mom comes in for the inspection. I watch as she runs a finger across each surface in the room making sure its dust free and all drawers are pushed in all the way.

"I'm impressed" she coos as she hands me back my phone. With that she rushed out of the room. I plop on my bed and see twenty notifications. I slowly scan through them seeing the daily morning features on ifunny and several texts that have gone unanswered all morning.

As I reply to all the messages I see several from Kate. Kate was a strikingly beautiful girl. She had midnight black slightly wavy hair that you would normally find framing her fair face. Her hair idled her deep brown eyes that could make anyone melt. She was 5'6 with the body any girl would die for but would be found hidden beneath her usual black hoodie and favorite pair of jeans. She had a gorgeous pale complexion that made her eyes stand out compared to any other aspect about her. And she was my girlfriend.

She had caught a super rare Pokémon and was gushing over it with full excitement. It was a Shiny Mew. i quickly replied seeing she had slowly become irritated with my lack in response. Congrats and sorry I didn't reply...woke up late and then got my phone taken up. After hitting send i walked over to his computer and quickly booted it up.

Its fineshe quickly replied. I logged on and started up my game. How's your day been? i replied as i loaded my long waiting game.

Just as things were getting interesting , my phone went off. I rushed in anticipation to see who it was from. I beamed to see it was from my best friend Chris. What exactly is the Freedom League Challenge? Within a few seconds i was sending my reply and beginning my pokemon game. Again my phone rang with the sound of an incoming text message. I quickly paused the gameand dived for my phone to see a reply message from Kate.