Chapter 1

Beep beep beep. Beep beep beep.

I turned over to my side. Opening and closing my eyes, I tried to make my vision clearer. My alarm clock was going off. 3:19 AM. I feel as if I'm missing something important... I sat up quickly. "My flight... My flight! I'm going to be late!" I jumped out of my bed, and I heard a car horn. I looked out of my window, it was the shuttle bus to take me to the airport. "One minute... Just one... Minute.." I ran around my room frantically, collecting my suitcase and carry on, all my luggage. 

I left my mother a quick note telling her that I've left, "She knew I was leaving for the U.K. early this morning... Best to remind her." I thought. I ran outside quickly, trying to pull all my luggage behind me. I loaded it into the back of the shuttle bus, I sat in the passenger's seat. 

The driver finished loading the truck, then drove off to the airport. Midway through the drive, the driver finally spoke.

"So where are you traveling to?" He asked. "Uh... The U.K." I twiddled my fingers as I spoke. "Ah. I heard it's nice there. First time moving in by yourself?" He asked. "Yes sir, I've been living with my brother and my mum for such a long time now, I've decided to get a place of my own." I said, he nods. "May I ask what part of the U.K.? Don't mean to be nosy, just trying to keep conversation." He says. 'I think it's called... Brighton? I've heard so much about it. I bought a house there, hoping I could maybe pick up a job or make some friends..." I said. "Ah," He said. "And I'm sorry m'am, what was your name?" He asked. "Maple." I said. "And you?" I asked. "Hudson." He said. 

The truck reached the airport drop off, I opened my door and thanked Hudson, paid him, and went to catch my flight.