Kimberly Rosenthal.

"My mom will tell you that her and my dad knew when I was five that I might be gay. I'll tell you that it was seven," says Kimberly Rosenthal, a University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point graduate. "When playing house, I was always the guy, and looking back, I realize I basked in the attention from my friends sitting on my lap while I pretended to be Danny from Grease. However, the term 'gay' didn't reach me until high school, and 'lesbian' didn't register fully for me until my senior year in college.

"Everything in hindsight makes sense; the quick glances at girls in the locker room; toxic relationships with men, not because they were awful, but because I didn't know how to communicate with them; or putting myself out there for a best girl friend."

Kimberly had always told herself she wouldn't be opposed to being with a woman, but always dated men.

"I was attracted to men and was happy with them. However, something always felt like it was missing. I blamed it on myself because I knew the men I was with were good, kind and caring people that wanted to take care of me."

Kimberly didn't fully realize that she wasn't completely straight until her senior year of college, when she attended a conference.

"I was joking with a girl and we both made a sly sex comment, and I realized at that moment that women had sex with each other and that I would enjoy being with this girl intimately," she says. "At the time, I was dating a guy and was happy, so I continued dating him, but acknowledged to him and myself that I was bisexual.

"It was scary taking a leap to queer-ville, because I knew that it wasn't going to be an easy road. I dated men off and on and was with a few women, but nothing felt comfortable. I was in limbo, and it caused a huge depression in my life that took moving out of the country to move forward from."

It wasn't until the age of 26 that Kimberly says she finally fully loved herself and accepted herself for who she was.

"I am a woman that loves a person for who they are, but feel a stronger connection emotionally to women. Some say that is bisexual; I prefer the term queer," Kimberly says. "This summer, I met an amazing woman that I cannot wait to share my life with. We became engaged on July 31, 2014. Her story, like mine, was about self-acceptance. Our journey together is about building up each other as strong women."