Part 3

The last few months had been stressful and tiresome for the whole team. You all had to take a part in taking care of Tank, especially when certain members of the Avengers would go on missions. You had been extremely exhausted, Tank was trained but there was still a lot of work for a soon to be one year old dog. You loved the goofy Staffy but some days he really got on your nerves. There was a couple of times where he had chewed on your favorite pair of combat boots, Bucky of course had laughed it off and told you he would buy you a new pair just like them. You had finally decided after going through your third pair of boots that Tank was going to be trained to go on missions with the team. "Tony, come on he would really help us out. They used dogs in the first and second world wars as scouts among other things." You plead, hoping Tony would give in just this once.

Tony rolls his eyes, and tries to hide the smile forming on his face "Fine but on one condition."

"Yeah, what is it?" You ask, suddenly perking up.

"Steve does his training." Tony says, a mischievous smile forming on his face

You laugh at Tony thinking he had won. " That's perfect! He already agreed to train him."

You walk out of the lab with a triumphant look on your face. You run into Steve on your way to tell Bucky the good news. "Hey, did Tony agree to let Tank come on missions as long as I trained him like we talked about."

You nod, cracking a smile. "Yeah, that was his one condition. Good thing we talked about it ahead of time."

You see Bucky walking past the lab with Tank walking right next to him. You call Tank over to you and Steve. Tank jumps up, resting his paws on Steve's thigh. Steve pats the dog's head. "Come on buddy. We've got some work to do." Steve says, walking away with Tank in tow.

A few weeks later

You were packing to go an a mission in Germany. You didn't know all the details, but it had something to do with illegal weapons trade, including old Stark industries missiles. Tony had been especially tense and was yelling at almost everyone. You were waiting for everyone to get on the quin jet. You didn't trust Tony to fly the jet so you volunteered to fly over to Germany. You sit in the pilot's seat, watching as the team boards the jet. "Nat, where's Steve?" You ask, glancing around the platform.

"He's on his way. He had to get something ready for you and Bucky." Nat says, moving to stand next to you.

You move back to the cock pit, starting up the jet. Steve comes running onto the jet with Tank right behind him. Tank has his own tactical gear on. It looks similar to the gear Bucky has on. You smile at the Captain. "Tank, come here." You call the dog over, letting him jump into the the co- pilots seat.

You get the jet off the ground, heading towards Germany. You put the jet on auto- pilot and walk to the back with Tank in tow. You sit next to Steve, laying your head on his shoulder. "Thank you."

"For what?" Steve says, resting his head against yours.

"For doing that for Bucky. It really means a lot to  him." You say gesturing to Tank's gear.

"It's no problem. Bucky, he hasn't had a win in a long time, so you, Tank and I, if we can give him a win, it's worth it." 

You look over at Bucky who had called Tank over to him. He had a huge smile on his face and he was holding Tank, talking to him. You get up and walk over to him "What are you two talking about?"

"I was telling Tank about the 40s, and what it was like growing up back then. He didn't really seem to care, but it's fun telling him about it." Bucky says, putting the dog back on the floor.

"I'm sure he cares. It may not seem like it but he does, ever since you got him I've seem you change. You've changed for the better Bucky, You're more comfortable around the team and you seem happier." You say,scratching Tank behind the ears.

"Well, I got you, Tank and Steve and you guys alone make things better." Bucky says, giving you a quick kiss.