Chapter 2

That night Peter flew to London, to where Wendy and her family lived.

He stepped quietly on the window sill and peered into the bedroom where Wendy and her brothers slept. He remember every little detail; the three four poster beds, the toy chests, the closet, even the little chip in the table drawer.

He looked around, soaked in the familiar scene, and found Wendy soft asleep in her bed. Breathing quietly, her chest rising and falling in sync with every breath. He walked to her and leaned over, stroking her cheek ever so gently to ensure it wasn't a beautiful dream. Her eyelashes fluttered against her cheek as she awoke.

"Peter! What are you doing? Oh it's been so long I've missed you so much." She exclaimed sitting up in front of Peter, and grabbing him into a right bear hug.

"Shh! You'll wake the others. I missed you too Wendy." He replied into her hair. He broke of and smiled warmly at her.

"Why have you come here at such a late hour?"

"I need to ask you something, a favour you could say." He paused, hesitant to ask. She must've noticed the look of worry on his face, for she said:

"What Peter? What do you need to ask?"

"You see ever since you left Neverland, and me, and tinker bell, and the boys it's been pretty...hectic. No one knows what to do to sort things out! No one knows how to cook, clean, sew, fix bruises and cuts-"

"You mean no one knows how to be a mother?" She interrupted, sighing slightly. "Peter I can't be a mother again, I have to grow up here and become a young lady."

"Grow up? But look at you! You're already plenty grown up, well you look right about 17 maybe!"

"As do you!" She replied. At this Peter paused for a moment.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean look at you, you're a young man yourself!" Wendy stood up out of bed, took Peters hands into her own and guided him to the full length mirror in the corner of the room. She put his hands on his shoulders and stood behind him, turning him to face the mirror.

"Look at yourself Peter." He looked at himself, then at her. She looked away, blushing quietly.

"You've developed quite a bit of muscle too." She said her hands sliding down his arms, feeling the slight bulge on his upper arms. She slid to his hands, laced her fingers with his for a moment, then abruptly let go, now blushing brilliant scarlet. He turned around to face her, noticing her red cheeks.

"What?" He asked confused at her sudden embarrassment.

"It's just...oh I can't tell you." Wendy said walking around Peter, then walking over to the window sil to sit. He followed and sat closely next to her, enjoying her closeness.

"You can tell me anything Wendy. Why are you embarrassed all of a sudden?"

"Well it seems that as you've grown up you've become... oh I don't know... well very handsome I suppose." At that she looked at him, and stared deeply into his eyes.

"Handsome? Really? Me?" He looked intently back at her.

"Yes really." She giggled quietly at that.

"Well I think that every time I see you you become more grown up and prettier every time."

"Your joking with me."

"No I mean it! Just a few years ago you ere a young, chubby little girl and now look at you!"

"Wow thanks." She replied with harsh sarcasm.

"No I mean it, you're... you're a young lady now." They looked at each other for a moment, until Wendy realized what time it was.