The Lead Up

June 23, 2022 started off  like every other day in Washington DC.  It was a hot muggy day. The head lines on the news were about the heat on the East cost. On the world news the top story was about a Turkiesh Military jet shot down a Russian non combat jet killing 16 people.

Later that night it was reported on CNN that Russian military had stormed the Turkiesh Embassy in Moscow taking 72 Turkiesh hostages.  For my famly and I  didn't think to much about this.

But it was in the middle of the night that it was reported again on CNN that the United States closed its Embassy in Moscow and Russian government did the same in Washington DC.

The United States 7th Fleet off the coast of Turkey

It was reported that the Russian military ordered 35,000 combat troops on the border of Turkey and Syria.  In Syria there was a Russian bass  with a total of about 66,000 men .

In protest,  the United States ordered its 7th fleet and 2 extra Navy Battle groups to be stationed close to Turkey and moving 14, 000 USA troops into Germany.

*Russian troops inside Afghanistan on June 30, 2022

One June 30 2022 , the Russian military invaded Northen Afghanistan. In response,  Pakistan ingaged the Russian troops on its Northen border, and in Afghanistan. 

This led to a July 1, 2022 encounter when the Russian air command shot down a United States Air Force C130.  The Russian government said it was helping the Afghanistan rebels. And  that they miss took it for a Pakistan Air Force plane.

An emergency meetig of NATO and the UNITED STATES  Congress took place the next day.