Part 2; The New beginning

6 years later..(Kaelin p.o.v)

Years had passed since that night. That one faithful night that changed things. You want to know what happened? I'll fill you in. That man was another assassin sent to kill us,luckily he wasn't successful. But, to escape we had to jump out of a window and a power saw broke Garbriel's fall. I know what you're thinking 'Why didn't you use your powers?' Turns out,he was immune. We're all 20 now and have been through our fair share of changes. Me and Myiesha are as strong as ever. We still live in the base, its for our own safety. How could I forget? the guy followed us to the airport and on to the plane and set it on fire. But once again we got away, barely. By that I mean some of our hair got burned off but that's irrelevant. "Dude? Are you alright?" I heard someone ask. It was Gabriel; his scarred face warped into a look of worry. "Yeah, of course, have you seen any activity?" He shook is head. We were on a stake out with Kareem,who seemed to be way more alert than us. "I think he's dead" he said. I brought the binoculars up to my face, in panic. The man we were watching, a drug enabler, was passed out against the couch of his motel room,seemingly not breathing. I groaned,"Wait, let me check". Luckily, window was open. I shot a few lasers his way, he remained in his position. "Well, if he was alive, I think he would've flinched or something". "I guess its Mr Steel's problem now"

At home..

"I keep telling you, there is more a chance of you getting struck by lightning than winning the lottery". "I already got struck by lightning, it was fricking majestic" Destinee and Kareem argued. "Alright, tacos are done,make room" Myiesha exclaimed as she brought in the plate of tacos that she made. She handed me one,followed by me whispering,"I'm hungry for something else" She chuckled and stuffed her face with a taco. "Children, the man you were watching, did in fact die of an overdose, GOD rest his soul." my uncle burst through the door, running his hand through his greying hair. "Technically, we aren't 'children' anymore" Zhanece stated. "Nonsense! you have been doing missions here for six years, you will always be my children". "Do we have any other missions any time soon?" I asked. "Dosen't seem so". "What are we going to do until the-" Tap tap tap . Immediately, we were encased in a forcefield by my frightened girlfriend. I hugged her and said, "We'll be okay,let's check it out" She put it down, as we slowly stepped towards the source of the sound. Gabriel stayed behind in fear looking on,I quickly pryed open the window, grabbing hold of a hoodie and pulling through a young man. Later that night, we were sitting in front of the guy, interrogating him. "Wait, Brian?" Kareem suddenly said. I raised my eyebrow, who? Suddenly everyone turned to Raquel. "I am so confused" I sighed. "This is Raquel's asshole of a ex boyfriend" Zhanece introduced. "Do you have any idea how he found he base, Raquel?" The short girl shrunk back into the couch and mumbled,"I may have told him". "I'm sorry, what?". We all started yelling at her, until we were quieted down by my Mr. Steel. "Raquel, as I just said, I consider you my child, but that is one of the dumbest things you could ever do" he sighed. I stepped foward, "How much do you know?" He shook his head ,"I don't know anything, Raquel just told me where she's been for the past 6 years after she suddenly left school. Who are you anyway?". "Kaelin, but that's all you need to know-" He suddenly scoffed " Wait, you're Kaelin? I can't say I didn't expect you to be, blind or something " Everyone looked at him, confused. "I retract my previous statement, Raquel also told me that you were Myiesha's boyfriend" he continued. "That is correct". "Why? There are so many other girls you could've had.. thinner girls" Immediately, I lunged at him in a fit of rage but was held back by Myiesha. "Its fine,Kae,I'm fine". My uncle's security dragged him off, hopefully to wipe his memory. "Baby? Are you okay?" I asked her later that night. She nodded,"I'm 20 years old, I shouldn't be offended by those things" I grabbed her by the waist, "Pyro you're only human, a beautiful human that I love" she gave a small smile. "Remember what I gave you for your 18th birthday?" I whispered. "How could I forget?" She blushed. "Well, I'm in a mood, to give you that gift again" I smirked.
1 hour later..
"In the training room, seriously?" Myiesha said afterwards. "Doesn't always have to be in a bed. It could be in a shower, a storage closet, a car, and the list goes on" I replied. "I know its been two years, but how did Destinee react when you first told her?"
Flashback..
"Shhh... you're being so loud" Myiesha shushed, as she closed the blinds. "Looks like somebody's hungover" Destinee laughed. "Its not even funny". "Where did you disappear to last night?" Destinee asked. "Okay, so promise not to tell a soul?" Myiesha whispered. Her best friend nodded in response. "Me and Kaelin did it" she responded. "Did "it" like "it"?" The light skinned girl scrunched up her face,"That's so unlike you, you're way too young!". Once again, she got shushed. "Nope, unacceptable!" She shouted again. Destinee got up, open the curtains, flooding the room with light. Followed by turning up the stereo to max volume.
Present..
I was rolling on the floor in a fit of laughter. "She made your hangover so much more worse!". Myiesha hit me on my shoulder. "I love you okay?" I smiled. "I love you more"