Ghosts

10 years after Beas death.
*allies pov*

"Novak. Time to go, come on." The stern voice from behind my cell door bellowed.

"I'm coming. Don't have to tell me twice" I snarked as I left my cell.

Today was my release day, I was finally free. I was so excited to start a new chapter and turn my life around. I was so excited to be me again, but a part of me was sad. I'd always dreamed this day would be spent with Bea, going on a proper date and being able to be a real couple. I hugged all the girls and said goodbye to them all as I was escorted down the looming corridor.

I reached the door to the outside and my heart beat increased, I was so nervous to go alone. I smiled at the guard and stepped out into the open air, I took a deep breath and my eyes teared up. First thing I wanted to do was go and see Bea, go and pay my respects without having a screw breathing down my neck.

I stepped out of the prison gates at the front and it felt almost surreal, like I was escaping. I walked down a long road and turned the corner, I could no longer see the prison anymore, I could no longer hear the shouts from the women or the sound of the alarms. As I scurried across the road, I saw a woman. A woman with big fluffy red hair, could it be? Was my mind playing tricks on me? I don't believe what I'm seeing, I ran towards her screaming her name, my heart pounding out of my chest, my stomach doing somersaults at the thought of being reunited with my lover. "BEA!" I screamed as I tackled this woman to the ground. I look down and see a young man, curly red hair and an angry frown on his face.

"The fuck are you doing?! Get the fuck off me!" He screamed.

"Oh shit I'm sorry, I thought you were my girlfriend" I stuttered.

"Get away from me before I call the police you fucking fruitcake!" He grunted.

I stumbled away and sobbed in a passage way. I really thought for a split second it was Bea, but why would it be her? She's dead.

I wandered around lifelessly wondering what I could do, everywhere I looked I saw Bea. A part of me inside was hoping for her to still be alive. I felt so alone, lost and scared without my best friend by my side.

A few hours passed and I found myself in the safe house, I was met by an older woman who showed me my room and helped me unpack.

"My name is Sandra, I own this safehouse. Most women in here are from Wentworth, I used to be there myself some time ago" she told me.

"It's very kind of you to help others who have nowhere to go" I said.

"Not everybody has a family, I didn't when I was released and it was very hard for me to stay 'safe'. I almost ended up back inside but I stayed strong and that's what I want for these women" she smiled and left the room.

I sat on my bed and thought about the girls inside. I wish I could tell them how lonely it is on the outside. I missed them so much, but I was grateful to be out.

I looked out my window and watched the people on the street below, laughing and joking. "Fuckers" I mumbled to myself.

"That's abit rude, don't you think?" A voice from behind me spoke.

I span round and stood before me was Bea. Bold as brass. "What. The. Fuck" I stuttered.

"Hey beautiful" she said softly.

A tear fell down my cheek as I wasn't quite sure what I was witnessing. Am I going crazy? Am I dreaming?

"Bea? Is that really you? Please tell me I'm not insane?" I cried.