DEATH💀!

PROLOGUE
PORT-HARCOURT,
28TH AUGUST, 2012.
'Mummy, Mummy, Daddy, Daddy, you can't leave me, you can't, please don't leave me' I was trying in vain to stir them up from the great slumber they had suddenly decided to take. My body was soaked with their blood but I cared less for that. Ten minutes ago, I had walked into their bedroom hoping to see them watching their usual late night Nollywood movies but what I saw made my blood run cold. Papa's lifeless body lay on the floor in a pool of blood. I thought I was hallucinating and staggered to where he lay praying I was in a bad dream and would soon wake. I crouched and saw that his throat was slit and he had bled to death. His eyes were wide open and I could see the pain and horror reflecting in his eyes. I pinched myself hard and felt the pain of it. I did not even realize I was crying till tears began to run down on his face. I closed his eyes and began to rock his body.
'Daddy, wake up, please wake up. You said you will never leave me' I was crying loudly now. In a daze, I looked at the bed to see Mum seating upright with her eyes closed like there was nothing wrong at the moment. A closer look revealed that she had been stabbed on her stomach and she was bleeding profusely. I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out. I walked slowly to Mama and caressed her cheeks. Her cheeks were wet from fresh tears. Seeing her tears made the reality of what was happening at the moment sink deep in me and I began to scream and cry. I shook my head not believing what I was seeing. God was not heartless to take away my parents from me the same time and in such gruesome manner. My body was shaking violently and it looked like I was about to have a panic attack. I could hardly breathe as the world began to spin around me. I cried loudly begging them not to leave me alone. I was wailing and crying my eyes out when I felt a hand stroke my hair and I went totally still. I thought I had imagined it as the touch was swift and was about to dismiss it. Then, a whisper came to me, 'Dreamington'. My throat became dry and I stood still at the spot. I looked around in search of the person but saw no other person. Perhaps I was imagining it or was my parents' ghosts trying to speak to me. I became frightened.
'Who would be so cruel to do this to mum and dad? Will they come for me?' I thought fearfully. My thoughts were halted when the same voice, softer this time, called me 'Princess'. I turned already knowing the caller. That soft voice is something I can recognize even when sleeping. 'You have to...go there...forgive...shelves in room...play', my mum was whispering incoherently. It was a wonder how she was still alive. I had always heard stories of some parents giving their children very important last messages so I tried to remember all she had said but it didn't make any sense to me. I knelt down trying to find out what had happened to her. 'Mummy, what happened? Who did this to you and Daddy? Tell me. Mummy, don't go. I'm scared. Mummy, I'm scared', I continued to say as I cried bitterly. I noticed her vision was glazed like she could not focus on one image, however, she still managed to look at me and gave me a weak smile that broke my heart. Weak and my mother were two words never used in the same sentence. My heart broke into a million pieces. The effort she put into trying to give me a last message made blood to gush from her mouth. 'Princess, be brave, don't trust anyone, remember', she was saying very slowly and softly I had to go close to hear every word she was saying, 'we love you'. And with that, she closed her eyes and her head fell limply against her body. 'Help, someone help. Help me please. Helpppp!!!! Mum don't go! No, no, no, no, no, nooooooooooo' I screamed and slumped.

.....

😭😭😭Almost cried when writing

😭😭😭Almost cried when writing. I can't imagine little Cynthia's horror on finding her parents.in such gruesome state.
Never wish that for anyone. Please I'm still struggling at this. Might post an authors note after or I might as well head on with this story.
Don't forget to like, follow and share. Love you all😍
For any typos you can drop a comment and be sure that I will respond to it all.
Toodles😋